icandy apple vs cherry - last thread i promise :-)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lovethesite Posts: 1054
Ok so posted the other day about the icandy apple being too heavy (thanks for replies girls :-) ) and now thinking should I just go for the cherry its chassi is HALF THE WEIGHT OF THE APPLE. So have decided to do a pros and cons and am wondering if owners can tell me if I'm right or wrong or could add to my list of pros and cons :-) before I drive mu hubby to an early grave :-) So here goes... APPLE PROS good for rough terrain adjustable handlebar good basket great colours easy to close APPLE CONS so heavy to lift and push - MAIN one for me difficult to close converts to double CHERRY PROS light to push and lift to boot good basket CHERRY CONS not great for country roads - IS THIS REALLY TRUE, WANT IT FOR BEACH AND ROUGH ROADS OCCASIONALLY? no adjustable handlebars not great colours - CAN YOU GET FLAVOUR PACKS? Thanks girls xxx
MrsWoggle Posts: 1793
Hey, I replied to the other thread but I don't mind. My head was wrecked at the time trying o pick a buggy. Dh said he'd never seen such indecision & debate over one thing! Anyway. I have the apple, I live in the country, its silent and smooth on the roads. A neighbour of ours her daughter has the cherry but lives in the UK but I was talking to her one day when she was home and she said she can't take her dd out walking in the cherry on our roads that its way too rattley. But that's just her. She still loves the cherry because its light and she lives in an apartment & has to go up stairs with it so really it's about what suits your lifestyle and needs. HTH.
lovethesite Posts: 1054
Ah thanks a million, really appreciate it. Think my mind is made up, I'll probably have a broken back from the flipppin thing though :-)
MrsWoggle Posts: 1793
Can you go to the shop and fold it up and put it in your car to see how u get on??
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
I have the cherry and both set of Grandparents live in back of beyond with really country roads and I never had issue with rough terrain. My mum has commented loads of times on how smooth it is to push. I just love the cherry. Best buy. I must say after C-Section & when pregnant with number 2, I really appreciated how light it is. In relation to colour, I went for boring black&red.
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
Re-read your post. I couldn't push cherry on beach at all. Kept getting stuck in sand.
Water-girl Posts: 88
I haven't been looking at the icandy range but like you I want a buggy that I can use on the beach. The general consensus seems to be that only 3 wheelers work on sand, the front wheels are too small on 4 wheelers...
jewellb Posts: 2389
The bugaboo cameleon is suitable for sand and snow!!!