ice cream?????????????????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrsp2010 Posts: 1461
iv just seen it mentioned that we cant have soft ice cream??!! say it aint so! i dont think i can cope being pregnant over the summer and not being able to have treats from the van or a mcflurry!!! :o( :o( :o(
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
There is too much danger of bacteria from the equipment used.
Little Boss Posts: 131
It is so...I'm afraid:-( The danger of listeria from the machines is too much of risk to little baby.
mommylicious Posts: 836
So true I'm afraid, I've had a few though, didn't know about it in the begining, but then had 1 after I found out :-8
Ilovetoast Posts: 2267
Im sure you can get regular ice cream and mush it around and around until it turns into soft ice-cream, buy some cones and flakes and make it.. ok so its a lot of effort but could be worth it.... oooo you could mush some real strawberries up in it too... :eek
Excitedwife Posts: 1186
I didn't know and I have had a few :-8 All ok though, I suppose like anything else, shellfish etc it is unlikely but probably best not to risk it :wv
mrsp2010 Posts: 1461
that really is crazy!! never got food poisoning from ice cream in my life! i may risk a mcflurry over the summer i have to say but il avoid the vans! just incase! well i suppose the sacrifices we make for our children have to start somewhere!! :xox
BusyDee Posts: 8527
I assume milkshakes are a no, no aswell? Have had a few of them already!
SparkleX Posts: 1057
Oh dear...I had a lovely 99 yesterday. It was yummy!
Mamabear Posts: 53
Ladies, I'd be wary of eating ice cream from a Mr Whippy type van even if I wasn't pregnant :eek Myself and DH were just talking about this yesterday. I was asking him was he ever allowed to eat ice cream out of a van when he was a child and he said no. I was the same. He said that he worked in a place years ago that served 99's. He said the equipment had to be sterilised every 3 - 4 days. Each minute part of the machinery had to be taken apart and soaked in Milton and if even a tiny bit was missed, that could contaminate the entire batch. I don't want to make any sweeping statements but it is sometimes hard to tell what sort of hygiene standards some of those ice cream vans have - I'm sure a lot of them are fine but how do you know that they are being meticulous in their cleaning? Cafe's and restaurants are easier to police by the environmental health than some of those vans are so I'd just be careful...