idea for city break

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
h2b and i were thinking of we weekend away not in ireland but has to be fairly cheap city as although paris was beautiful it was very expensive, amsterdam maybe? anu suggestions welcome.
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
How about Seville?? We went in Feb and got flights for €180 (for 2 of us) with Aer Lingus and a nice hotel right in the centre for €90 night. Its lovely - loads of little tapas bar with great food and cheap wine :o)ll
cloud Posts: 1662
Replied over yonder chick.... O-O
dreamer Posts: 3941
Bilbao Barcelona Lisbon Are all very cheap food wise and accomodations and if you manage to get cheap flights!
*gone* Posts: 4785
Prague .... accommodation and drink are really cheap! Beautiful city- bring a good pair of walking shoes though!
cloud Posts: 1662
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Warsaw - best city break Ive been on!!! It was sooooooooo cheap and amazing!!!! I stayed in the Polonia Palace hotel, great location, 5 star with 3 star prices!!! http://www.poloniapalacehotel.com/ _________________
SaJa Posts: 4282
Brussels, absolutely fab, fly with Ryanair from Shannon (or wherever) and book a hotel with www.needahotel.com I loved it and the weather is fab, I'd love to go back.
Mama2 Posts: 1230
I was in Krakow with H2B in March. We flew from Cork with a polish airline called centralwings. The entire thing including spending money cost about 300 Euro each. It's a gorgeous city and there is loads to do there. Plus it's very cheap. And the shopping is amazing. If you like shoes it's the place to go. I got my wedding shoes there and couldn't believe how perfect they are. I couldn't reccommend it highly enough!
tippytoes Posts: 88
went to dussledorf with Ryanair. fun place to visit, lots to see and do. there is a lot of old historical places and areas of very modern buildings. Great for shopping too :o0
birdie Posts: 954
What about Rome? Flights can be a little expensive with Aer Lingus but I went with Ryanair and it worked out pretty cheaply although that's a few years back now....once you're there though it's easy to eat & drink cheaply and it's a fab city!