If morning temp stays high the pregnancy is safe?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Waiting24 Posts: 355
Just wondering if anyone else checks their bbt now that they are pregnant? I had a mc before and I was kinda hoping that since my temp is staying high that that is a sign of a healthy pregnancy? I had one scan at 7w5d and the heart beat was strong but I'm just naturally fearful that when I have my 10 week scan that the heart beat won't be there. I'v been reassuring myself with high temperatures (98.6) that my pregnancy is safe. Does this make sense?
BabasFor2012 Posts: 1594
That's the theory. However, temperature can still fluctuate for so many reasons and if you get a not so good temp will you get really stressed and think it is going wrong? I would generally advise ditching the thermometer soon after a BFP for this reason. As long as it gives you good readings yes it is reassuring, but the stress if you get a lower temp, maybe from a poor nights sleep, just may not be worth it. Having had one scan with a heartbeat your chance of a miscarriage drops dramatically though, so maybe try and count on that for reassurance? Fingers and toes tightly crossed for you that it all works out ok this time. Roll on that 10w scan.
Thanks for the reassurance! I'm not measuring my temp unless I know I've had a good nights sleep for that very reason! I only have 3 more days to wait till the scan so its not too long! Roll on Wednesday!
Mumslove Posts: 528
[quote="Bumpfor2011":3skh849j]That's the theory. However, temperature can still fluctuate for so many reasons and if you get a not so good temp will you get really stressed and think it is going wrong? I would generally advise ditching the thermometer soon after a BFP for this reason. As long as it gives you good readings yes it is reassuring, but the stress if you get a lower temp, maybe from a poor nights sleep, just may not be worth it. Having had one scan with a heartbeat your chance of a miscarriage drops dramatically though, so maybe try and count on that for reassurance? Fingers and toes tightly crossed for you that it all works out ok this time. Roll on that 10w scan.[/quote:3skh849j] I was going to say the same or similar. Its one thing Ive made sure I stay well clear of as I know if I got a bad temp result I would become so worried and its the last thing I need to think about when I find pregnancy quite stressful as it is. Just enjoy the pregnancy and trust your body.....but I do know how easy it is to worry :action32
Thanks mumslove! Have a scan in the morning and if all is well I think I'll hide the thermometer!