If you could move heaven and earth.....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jawl Posts: 8881
..... and change some things that are a complete impossibility for your wedding, what would you do? I'd have Mr. Jawl's parents there, and my own grandparents. I know they will be with us on the day, but you know. I'd also wish that I liked the IL's a bit more. I moan lots about them but it's with good reason with their behaviour. I'm going to try though, and grit my teeth a bit more and grow to love them :o0 Because I don't want things to be awkward or be inwardly sighing when I have to interact with them on the day Okay, maybe the second one isn't so impossible :o0
JellySnakes Posts: 2201
I would have my dad there, he died when i was 16 :o( That is the only thing i would want.
2011b2b Posts: 64
i would love to have my father there on my wedding day - he died when i was 20 - i know i am going t be so emotional that morning - also my h2b father to be there too!!
MichelleMyBelle Posts: 1270
I would give absolutely anything to have my dear Nanny with me on the day. She will be there in spirit, and I'm using Carnations for my button holes as her garden was always full of them.
madhairday Posts: 1116
to have my mum there :o( .
Trixy3 Posts: 2041
I would have loved to have my mother there, I know she was with us as the day went without a hitch and it really was the best day :)
bigjt11 Posts: 170
I would love my mum to be there too, i actually don't know how i will hold it together on the day, she was so excited about it. And all the early plans we made like location and guests were all for her. We unfortunatley under estimated how much time we had left.
lux Posts: 6270
I'd have my mum's parents (not my dad's mum, she was a weapon and a half) and my aunt who just died. My aunt especially as the loss will really be felt on the day as she died very suddenly and unexpectedly. She was really excited about my day and even if she couldn't make it on the day I would have loved to dress up in my dress after the wedding and show it off to her.
peacockgirl Posts: 1312
JustBecause Posts: 3242
I think that Heaven part is easy for most of us. O:o) Particularly for FH and his mum I wish he dad would be there. We all know how much he loved a party and what a kick he would have gotten out if the wedding. My father died when I was very young so I won't miss him as a person so much as I didn't know him but obviously I wish my dad was going to be there to give me away. The earth bit... I wish I could get ready in my home (in London) before heading to the church (Dublin). I'd also move Ireland closer to Hawaii if it was possible :o0 Oh and to be greedy I'd add extra hours/days between 29th and 30th April so that I could be in London for the excitement of the Royal wedding and still have time in Ireland to relax before our wedding.