If you could what would you.....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

adelz Posts: 3088
Just listening to one of the radio stations about life in your 20s.....It got me thinking, if you could now what would you do or what would you really like to have done differently???? I often find myself thinking if I had of went and did something different in college what would we be like now? Although I think at the time you're leaving school you're too young to know what you want to do and that's what was wrong with me. I didn't have a clue, now I wonder about it. I also wonder what it would of been like to see the world. I tell my dh when ds gets older we should bring him go see some of the world etc etc....But think it falling of deaf ears :o0 What would you change / do differently if could or would put on your bucket list!!!!
mrsmoo2202 Posts: 1930
Would of gone to college, left to travel at 19, and only came home 8 years later, no real job opportunities for someone like me! Wouldnt of got married at 24, never should of married him! Meat him at 20 and wasted 7 years of my life, should of left the first time he cheated. Still, that's my only regret, had a ball in my 20s being paid to travel, have been to some amazing places and met some fabulous people, great memories!
Sassypants Posts: 4461
Learn to drive. At the age of 31 I can't drive and it is looming over me like a dark cloud. Everyone comments on it and it drives me mad. Definitely would have changed that.
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
I also would have passed my driving test sooner, it was my number one achievement after having a baby of recent years. Can't imagine not being able to hop in the car. Would have studied what I really wanted to rather than what I thought would lead to a career. Wouldn't have wasted so much time worrying about being single and putting up with crap from the wrong men.
Plus1makes4 Posts: 721
Done a bit more travelling, went to college, got a job, bought an apartment. So all travel has been honeymoon and holidays only. Also I would NOT have bought an apt when I did, paid 250,000k for a pokey one bed apt in Swords and now its worth 70k O:| If only I had of listened to Dad and rented!!
stupidname2013 Posts: 924
Would have lost the weight in my early twenties rather than mid...and also would not have bought an apartment in the city centre in 2006...BAD idea! Other than that have been very lucky...met my husband, went to college, got a good job, went travelling and a good job again!
adelz Posts: 3088
Great girls, thanks, it really got me thinking when I heard it....All the things or most of the things we all mentioned are all manageable to still do, if only we'd somebody to give us all a right kick in the behind to get us going :compress :compress
PussyGalore Posts: 3388
Sassy, I promise you it's never too late. I was 32/33 when I learned and I had worked myself up into a frenzy that I'd never be able to do it, I'd had lessons a few times over the previous ten years and just couldn't get into it. Six years ago I got sick of not being able to have any independence (and was planning a move to the country so I needed a car), bit the bullet, did the lessons and sure, it was scary at first but soon I began to relish driving. I really miss being able to drive here but have to wait a while before I do a test. Go for it but only when you're ready to do so.
MrsEwing Posts: 89
I really enjoyed my 20's... hindsight though i would have been more cautious with my money and spent less time in coppers :) I wish I was more work focused too, took me a while to figure out what i wanted to do. Changed jobs a lot and never really gained financially because of it (and spending it all in coppers). Also, would have been more cautious with people... some friendships were very toxic and took a lot out of me.
Hbombadero Posts: 1960
I would have spent more time in coppers and less money on a house!