If you go semi-private do you pick a consultant?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

chefmaid Posts: 2426
Hi Just wondering as i am hoping to go semi-private in Holles street, do you pick a consultant or do you just get assigned one by the hospital? I am clueless :-8
bumble Posts: 1980
Hi Chefmaid, Congrats on your BFP! I am semi private at Holles St and I picked my consultant. When i rang they suggested a consultant (going by the first available apt) but I asked if it was possible to see Declan Keane as my consultant instead and she had no prob with that and gave me the date for my 1st apt (15 wks) and also the date for my big scan (19 wks). However bear in mind they get booked out very quickly so phone as soon as you can and have a second / third choice too just in case your chosen consultant is not taking any more patients for that period. Best of luck!
Thanks Bumble, before you ring them do you need a letter from your own doctor? I can't get an appointment with mine till friday. I will have spent a fortune on tests between now and then :o0 :o0 :o0
bumble Posts: 1980
No I didn't need any letter at all. You just ring them, they'll ask you date of last AF (this is to work out your estimated due date), they'll ask some personal details like DOB, whether married, DH contact details, the usual stuff. I was told that I've to bring €500 cheque or cash to the first appointment along with a urine sample....but they never mentioned a letter at all.
Thanks Bumble :thnk