ignorant drivers out on sunday afternoons..........

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lucie Posts: 30
had an experience yesterday that made my blood boil............ was driving along a small country twisty road with 2 horses in horsebox doing about 20mph (fair enough its slow, but any faster would be dangerous). anyway - a car was trying to get past, i couldnt pull in and didnt stop cos i knew there was a good passing place 1/2 a mile up the road. next thing this woman SITS on the horn of her car and practically runs me off the road into the ditch. so i flashed her and my friend blew my horn at her [size=59:2pp69hoa]and i gave her the finger oops[/size:2pp69hoa] and she slams on her brakes about 20 yards in front of me, gets out of the car and starts yelling about how we should have pulled over and that i was a total knacker for giving her the bird..... i couldnt believe anyone could be so completely ignorant - about 1.5 tonnes of horse slamming into the front bar, my little mare had a nosebleed and the other lad cut his legs to ribbons trying to keep his balance. I REALLY HOPE YOU ARE READING THIS IF YOU ARE THE DRIVER - YOU COMPLETE AND TOTAL AND UTTERLY IGNORANT SELFISH COW. only thing we could conclude was hse'd probably just found her dh/dp bonking someone else- i sincerely hope so!
MrsBlues Posts: 5170
There's always one rosie bean. Did you take her reg? Not that reporting her will do much good anyway... Hope your poor horses are ok?
fantac Posts: 4109
hey rosie_bean - hope the horses are ok? same q as above - did you gether reg? i'd take her to teh cleaners if you can. what an idiot - zero concept of animal welfare - really hope the little mare is ok - nosebleeds can be dodgy for horses.
Princess Aurora Posts: 115
Some stupid feckers cant drive and have no idea of either the rules of the road or how to drive on back roads, they make me so angry O:| O:| O:| I hope your poor little ponies are ok :lvs , stupid woman >:o( !!!!!!
Andi C. Posts: 1305
god thats awful. people havent a clue when it comes to animals. i ride out my horse on the road. thank god hes good intraffic coz there are so many people that i ask to slow down with my hand signal and u swear i was asking them to drive faster. several times i have actually moved out into the road to get them to slow down. some cars dont even give u room. nearly clip the horse with the car. so dangerous and ignorant. i hope ur horses are ok. its not nice for them to have a bad experience when they are travelling either. i would have decked her. >:o(
TokenMale Posts: 6845
That's pretty ignorant. I mean, okay, my heart sinks when I come across a horse box doing 20mph, but c'mon surely everyone in the world knows that that kind of behaviour is just stupid. Besides, a horsebox going 20 is not nearly as bad as a horsebox doing 40 for the simple reason that it's easy to overtake at a suitable moment. What an ignorant b*tch. Funnily enough, I was saying yesterday how Sunday is just a horrible day to have to drive anywhere. Admittedly this was around town, but nobody seems to have a clue what they're doing, and all concept of rules seems to go out the window. I think every driver should have to re-sit the test every 5 or 7 years. The incompetence of the average driver appalls me.
fantac Posts: 4109
[quote="Andi C.":3opj8cfk]god thats awful. people havent a clue when it comes to animals. i ride out my horse on the road. thank god hes good intraffic coz there are so many people that i ask to slow down with my hand signal and u swear i was asking them to drive faster. several times i have actually moved out into the road to get them to slow down. some cars dont even give u room. nearly clip the horse with the car. so dangerous and ignorant. i hope ur horses are ok. its not nice for them to have a bad experience when they are travelling either. i would have decked her. >:o([/quote:3opj8cfk] hey andi - i ride out on the road too, thankfully where we live a few folk have horses and people know us so do tend to slow down. its only ever weekend when there a bunch of w/e afternoon drivers out that we have problems - the nicest by far are timber lorries around us- they stop altogether and turn off the engine, which i think is v sweet! rosie- hope your guys didnt get too much of a fright - its horrible for them - what a b*tch
lucie Posts: 30
phew - so you dont all think i'm awful for giving her the finger! hopefully the horses are fine, nosebleed stopped quite quickly and the cuts on legs seemed superficial - just totally unnecessary if the woman had half an ounce of common sense. andi- i couldnt let myself get out of the car, i wwas so angry, i might well have decked her one!
TokenMale Posts: 6845
[quote="rosie_bean":1u4k8aia]phew - so you dont all think i'm awful for giving her the finger! [/quote:1u4k8aia] The middle finger is an essential part of the anatomy for Irish driving.
arib Posts: 499
I can never understand why people are willing to risk a really bad accident in order to over take. I was coming up to very busy roundabout in blanchardstown the other day, a bus in front of me stopped at a stop which for some reason was about 2m away from the roundabout . . .. and car behind me decided to overtake me AND the bus and nearly had a head on collision with a jeep which was coming off the roundabout! Some people deserve to have an accident.