Ignorant sales people

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

hagfromhell Posts: 2146
Myself and h2b went to look for wedding rings. No problem getting mine but he has big fingers so his was a bit more difficult. We went in to one jewellers and the "lady" (if thats what you would call her) was just SO IGNORANT. To say she was frosty was an understatement, I think she had icicles stuck to her back. Any attempt at humour was met with disdain, and I can actually say that she seemed to view us with contempt. I tried on a ring and I asked her what she thought and she cut the nose off me "its not up to me, its up to you". We made our excuses and left without buying anything. My God I felt about an inch high, I had tears in my eyes when we came out. You would think we wanted the rings for free. Maybe she was having a bad day but by Jaysus I used to work dealing with members of the public and I would NEVER do that to ANYONE.
Asics Posts: 1935
Very bad form alright there no need for it at all :action31 can you imagine the amount of custom they would be loosing if she is like that all the time :eek why people hire ignornant sales assistants is beyond me
overthemoon! Posts: 1479
all you gotta do is Blacklist this jewellers to your friends & everyone you meet.
mini mama Posts: 834
Jesus she sounds like a right cow....i'd have made a complaint about her attitude... i had a bad run in at weekend when i went to buy my sons communion clothes...I tried to call the sales assistant to one side to explain that ds was extremely conscious of his weight due to bullying n school,yer one blanked me 4 times and then pulled up ds's shirt in middle of shop in front of everyone,he dragged his shirt down and asked her cud he hide behind the screen(i was nearly crying at this stage at how she was treating him and how upsetting his big day was turning out to be) and i walked up to her and told her in this day an age and especially in a recession she should be more careful not to p1ss people off and lose customers....i told her that not only was i not going to buy his clothes there i was going to tell the other 70 mothers in the communion classes about that shops and her attitude...i was shaking coming out...the worst thing is its the only decent place in our area for suits hehe ah f*ck it at least i feel like i stood up to the snotty cow... :-8
panda_bear Posts: 342
that's completely unbelievable. there really is no need for it. definitely do tell the other mums. your poor little fella. I don't think I'd be able to be held responsible for my actions in a situation like that. what a witch. hope you both are ok now :xxx
hagfromhell Posts: 2146
[quote="mini mama":252d6b2x]Jesus she sounds like a right cow....i'd have made a complaint about her attitude... i had a bad run in at weekend when i went to buy my sons communion clothes...I tried to call the sales assistant to one side to explain that ds was extremely conscious of his weight due to bullying n school,yer one blanked me 4 times and then pulled up ds's shirt in middle of shop in front of everyone,he dragged his shirt down and asked her cud he hide behind the screen(i was nearly crying at this stage at how she was treating him and how upsetting his big day was turning out to be) and i walked up to her and told her in this day an age and especially in a recession she should be more careful not to p1ss people off and lose customers....i told her that not only was i not going to buy his clothes there i was going to tell the other 70 mothers in the communion classes about that shops and her attitude...i was shaking coming out...the worst thing is its the only decent place in our area for suits hehe ah f*ck it at least i feel like i stood up to the snotty cow... :-8[/quote:252d6b2x] Oh there was tears in my eyes reading that. The lousy b1tch. Her mother must not have ever thought her manners. Oh my God I am raging on your sons behalf. I was overweight as a child (matter of fact still am :o0 ) and it is things like that that stuck in my mind down through the years. The insensitive, snotty, stupid auld cow.
BusyDee Posts: 8527
She sounds like she HATES her job. You should have pulled her up on it by saying something like "Are you having a bad day"? let her know that you know she's been rude IYKWIM. If that didnt work then I would try on every ring in the shop and take up an hour or 2 of her time and then say "I'll think about it"!!!!! This used to sooo annoy me when I worked in a shop.
BusyDee Posts: 8527
[quote="mini mama":3n6a6og3]Jesus she sounds like a right cow....i'd have made a complaint about her attitude... i had a bad run in at weekend when i went to buy my sons communion clothes...I tried to call the sales assistant to one side to explain that ds was extremely conscious of his weight due to bullying n school,yer one blanked me 4 times and then pulled up ds's shirt in middle of shop in front of everyone,he dragged his shirt down and asked her cud he hide behind the screen(i was nearly crying at this stage at how she was treating him and how upsetting his big day was turning out to be) and i walked up to her and told her in this day an age and especially in a recession she should be more careful not to p1ss people off and lose customers....i told her that not only was i not going to buy his clothes there i was going to tell the other 70 mothers in the communion classes about that shops and her attitude...i was shaking coming out...the worst thing is its the only decent place in our area for suits hehe ah f*ck it at least i feel like i stood up to the snotty cow... :-8[/quote:3n6a6og3] :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 Nice one!!!
mini mama Posts: 834
I literally wanted 20 seconds of her time to tell her about his inhibitions and obviously i didnt want to say it in front of him but she was more interested in flirting with h2b and the other dads in the shops...she asked h2b could she be of any assiatance and he said "ya my fiancee and son are at the other end of the shop looking for some help so why dont you see to them first"...i think that peed her off to be honest...my poor ds told me when we left that he was going to go jogging for an hour to try to get a skinny tummy...i was crying in the car on the way home...all of it could have been avoided if she followed my lead or let me tell her..instead we came home with nothin and my heart was broken listenin to ds ask his dad to bring him training to help him lose weight cos he wanted to fit into the clothes like the other kids aaarrrggghh But back to designerwine too i know what u mean about being made small..wouldnt you really think in this climate that they'd almost be licking our arses to get us in to their shops not making us feel like sh1t....at the end of the day it is a buyers market meaning we will go where the best bargains and service etc are...like they are losing out on the money through thick ignorant people...ok rant over .... O:|
emlo Posts: 1506
[quote="mini mama":3tk1a9rv]I literally wanted 20 seconds of her time to tell her about his inhibitions and obviously i didnt want to say it in front of him but she was more interested in flirting with h2b and the other dads in the shops...she asked h2b could she be of any assiatance and he said "ya my fiancee and son are at the other end of the shop looking for some help so why dont you see to them first"...i think that peed her off to be honest...my poor ds told me when we left that he was going to go jogging for an hour to try to get a skinny tummy...i was crying in the car on the way home...all of it could have been avoided if she followed my lead or let me tell her..instead we came home with nothin and my heart was broken listenin to ds ask his dad to bring him training to help him lose weight cos he wanted to fit into the clothes like the other kids aaarrrggghh But back to designerwine too i know what u mean about being made small..wouldnt you really think in this climate that they'd almost be licking our arses to get us in to their shops not making us feel like sh1t....at the end of the day it is a buyers market meaning we will go where the best bargains and service etc are...like they are losing out on the money through thick ignorant people...ok rant over .... O:|[/quote:3tk1a9rv] Ah God mini mama, the poor wee thing... Both yourself and designerwine should definately complain. Witches like that don't deserve a job when there's plently of people out there who are out of work and are desperately looking for something. Harsh, I know but that's just not having a bad day, that's just being a snotty cow.