Ikea beds & mattresses

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

SunnyK Posts: 3834
Ladies just a quick question for anyone who has previously bought an Ikea bed & mattress..... are they a different size to standard doubles etc? I am just in the middle of moving into a rented apartment and the guy had bought 2 new beds from Ikea for the rooms - so I tried to put sheets etc on today and they just aren't fitting right. Like the double isn't fitting on but it's definitely not a king size either. I am clueless about things like this - don't know what standard sizes are etc but just wondered am I imagining this or do they have different set sizes?
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
Yes, Ikea has its own sizes and it can be annoying! We have a king size bed which I have to buy superking fitted sheets for. Its got a memory foam topper on it so its higher than a normal king size, but I think in general their sizes aren't standard. The normal king flat sheets are fine but superking fitted sheets are the only ones that fit. I'm not mad on Ikea sheets so I don't have them but I know other people with Ikea beds only get their sheets there. HTH!
SunnyK Posts: 3834
Ahhhhh - thanks ACS. That explains it. I was struggling with the sheet... I'd get it on one corner and it'd pop off another one! I'll have to check out the sheets in Ikea and if they aren't great I'll go elsewhere and just get a bigger size and get the ones that aren't elasticated and fold them under the mattress. Thanks! :thnk