IKEA furniture?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sweet8 Posts: 1285
Hi Wollies, I'm thinking of buying a couch from IKEA, I went to see it in the Dublin outlet and really liked it. V comfy, seemed sturdy etc. But I was just wondering if anyone had bought a couch, armchair etc from them as I was wondering about the longevity of it. I've bought tables and such from them before and they've stood the test of time so far, but I'm just wondering if soft furnishings will last as well? Cheers! :thnk
LittleLily Posts: 3682
Can't help I'm afraid but I'd love to know what other people have found too. Theres a grey coloured corner one that I really like.
gillygooley Posts: 21
The only couch I have experience with is the Ektorp 3 seater and single chair, bought about 8 years ago and still in great condition. It has removeable covers so can be easily washed. I think it's lasted very well for a mid priced couch. Which couch were you thinking of?
Emme Posts: 4735
I have a two year old armchair...perfect condition and find it very comfy. I have it in my kitchen so it's not the snuggle up in front of the fire kind but I love it and when I have visitors they all fight over it!
@GillyGooley,We were looking at the Ektorp three seater actually! :o0 I've been looking up reviews for their couches online and the feedback is mostly positive. I really like that the covers can come off, be washed and popped back on. Is it difficult to put together? @LittleLily, I'd be away with half the furniture in IKEA if I had the chance! :hyper: @Emme, Just want a nice sized, comfortable couch that's easy kept and will last, oh and for a nice price! :innocent: I don't want much huh? :-8
whoop whoop Posts: 1616
We've the ektorp corner couch. I luuuuurve it but I suppose I can't really comment on longevity as we've only had it about a year.
blondiechick Posts: 1641
We bought loads of stuff from Ikea and I have to say it's all really good quality and has lasted really well.
HippyChic Posts: 1812
Haven't bought an IKEA couch myself but I know several people that have and they've been really pleased with them. Anything that I have bought there has been sturdy and well made. :)
[quote="HippyChic":26kzpsa9]Haven't bought an IKEA couch myself but I know several people that have and they've been really pleased with them. Anything that I have bought there has been sturdy and well made. :)[/quote:26kzpsa9] That's the feedback we've had from friends, I just love their furniture, but I just haven't bought a couch yet. From all the feedback and advice I've received I think I'm gonna go for it! :o)ll For those that have a couch from IKEA, was it difficult to put together at all? :-8
MinnietheMinx Posts: 2396
We have 2 Ektorp 2 seaters for about 2 years now and they're great, really comfy. We had the Klippan in Australia and it wasn't as comfortable. For those with the Ektorp do you get the covers dry cleaned or machine wash them? Ours could do with a clean and I'm tempted to throw them in the wash.