Im gonna lose it

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Kate26 Posts: 82
I cant believe what just happened, about 6 weeks ago at work I set up a new filing system as my new boss wasnt too happy with old one that the girl before me had used, when i set it up she was like that is great, that is so much better than before, very easy to find things, that was grand, fast forward to present day, im just sitting down at my desk, she walks over to filing press looking for something, then says loudly god i dont know about this, this is confusing..I then said, what? do you not like it? she was like oh i just dont know , its different! what the hell. sorry but she was fine with it 6 weeks ago, all of a sudden its confusing and I feel like an ass in front of my co workers( one of which is always trying to get one over on me) its just so annoying, people can be so stupid, did she forget how she raved about it a while back??? aarrgghhh
Heflen Posts: 4050
[quote="Kate26":2f7xei29]I cant believe what just happened, about 6 weeks ago at work I set up a new filing system as my new boss wasnt too happy with old one that the girl before me had used, when i set it up she was like that is great, that is so much better than before, very easy to find things, that was grand, fast forward to present day, im just sitting down at my desk, she walks over to filing press looking for something, then says loudly god i dont know about this, this is confusing..I then said, what? do you not like it? she was like oh i just dont know , its different! what the hell. sorry but she was fine with it 6 weeks ago, all of a sudden its confusing and I feel like an ass in front of my co workers( one of which is always trying to get one over on me) its just so annoying, people can be so stupid, did she forget how she raved about it a while back??? aarrgghhh[/quote:2f7xei29] Are you complaining because your boss made an off-the-cuff remark about a filing system?
[quote="Heflen":2nbo1lhm][quote="Kate26":2nbo1lhm]I cant believe what just happened, about 6 weeks ago at work I set up a new filing system as my new boss wasnt too happy with old one that the girl before me had used, when i set it up she was like that is great, that is so much better than before, very easy to find things, that was grand, fast forward to present day, im just sitting down at my desk, she walks over to filing press looking for something, then says loudly god i dont know about this, this is confusing..I then said, what? do you not like it? she was like oh i just dont know , its different! what the hell. sorry but she was fine with it 6 weeks ago, all of a sudden its confusing and I feel like an ass in front of my co workers( one of which is always trying to get one over on me) its just so annoying, people can be so stupid, did she forget how she raved about it a while back??? aarrgghhh[/quote:2nbo1lhm] Are you complaining because your boss made an off-the-cuff remark about a filing system?[/quote:2nbo1lhm] No its not only that, we all get a bonus based on little things we may do to improve our office/lab and this should have added to my bonus and now if she wants it changed after she initially told me it was great i wont get that percentage of my bonus... the other girls had to do other little jobs like that too
[quote="Kate26":3j6juky5][quote="Heflen":3j6juky5][quote="Kate26":3j6juky5]I cant believe what just happened, about 6 weeks ago at work I set up a new filing system as my new boss wasnt too happy with old one that the girl before me had used, when i set it up she was like that is great, that is so much better than before, very easy to find things, that was grand, fast forward to present day, im just sitting down at my desk, she walks over to filing press looking for something, then says loudly god i dont know about this, this is confusing..I then said, what? do you not like it? she was like oh i just dont know , its different! what the hell. sorry but she was fine with it 6 weeks ago, all of a sudden its confusing and I feel like an ass in front of my co workers( one of which is always trying to get one over on me) its just so annoying, people can be so stupid, did she forget how she raved about it a while back??? aarrgghhh[/quote:3j6juky5] Are you complaining because your boss made an off-the-cuff remark about a filing system?[/quote:3j6juky5] No its not only that, we all get a bonus based on little things we may do to improve our office/lab and this should have added to my bonus and now if she wants it changed after she initially told me it was great i wont get that percentage of my bonus... the other girls had to do other little jobs like that too[/quote:3j6juky5] In that case, every time she asks you to do something in future, after you've done it and she's reviewed it, send an email saying "As discussed earlier, I'm just confirming that everything was completed to your satisfaction....." Print them out and if she starts on like that again, hand her the email..
gerbil Posts: 3528
LOL heflen that's a classic approach, I really like that :o0
yeah heflen, that does sound great in theory but I think it would not go down well, and if you get on her bad side you may as well pack up your stuff and go, I dunno, im not very content in my current job, the job itself is great, but the people I am working with are quite bitchy, and im fairly quiet so I think they use that to make little of me or something, maybe im just being paranoid
[quote="Kate26":ph4r05e5]yeah heflen, that does sound great in theory but I think it would not go down well, and if you get on her bad side you may as well pack up your stuff and go, I dunno, im not very content in my current job, the job itself is great, but the people I am working with are quite bitchy, and im fairly quiet so I think they use that to make little of me or something, maybe im just being paranoid[/quote:ph4r05e5] Well if that's a bit too much, still send the email. If she acts up again, just send the previous mail as an attachment and say 'Hi , I was under the impression I had done xyz as requested, can you please outline how I can improve doing xyz to your satisfaction?' If you keep letting people get away with acting like that, you'll be the office doormat and everyone will act the boll i x with you.
Novice Posts: 458
Agree with Heflen. I document everything in here with certain managers. Just makes life easier. And what can she say to you anyway if you're just sending her an email to confirm shes happy with what you've done...?
I know she cant really say anything but she would just make life difficult for me if I cross her, and she would see that as me crossing her, She is just a bit of a dragon and it can be easier to keep the peace, but i can admit that im a bit of a coward when it comes to things like this, I dont want to rock the boat in work as i have to come here every day
[quote="Kate26":1mr6my6b]I know she cant really say anything but she would just make life difficult for me if I cross her, and she would see that as me crossing her, She is just a bit of a dragon and it can be easier to keep the peace, but i can admit that im a bit of a coward when it comes to things like this, I dont want to rock the boat in work as i have to come here every day[/quote:1mr6my6b] I've seen this situation a thousand times and it's always the ones who don't stand up for themselves who will always be treated like s h i t. Just be nice as pie in the email and say that it's only to ensure the smooth running of the dept and to make her life easier.