Im making own wedding invitations-printer question !

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

May 08 Wife Posts: 1642
Im making my own wedding invitations and i have an Epson R800 printer. Does anyone have one of these printers or do you know what is the thickest card that can print easily enough on it? The girl in the shop where im buying the card said that 160g is the card that most printers can take easily enough. Will my printer Epsom R800 take 220g card or thicker?
lyndons Posts: 17
Hi, I don't have an Epson printer, mine is HP. Two choices, google to find the spec of the printer or get a few sheets of paper and test. I was printing on indian cotton paper so bought a few to test and hey presto... went thru the printer fine. May 08 bride !
KevinMorrisPhotography Posts: 266
Hi, I have an Epson R800 as one of my backup printers and in the past I have printed up to 260gsm without any problems. A bit thirsty on the ink though ! If you are using heavier paper / card I would only load about 5-10 sheets at a time, which is a pain the the **** but the last thing you want is to come back and find you had a paper jam. Rgds Kevin
May 08 Wife Posts: 1642
Thanks for the replies i tested the 220g card last night and it worked perfectly so going to go with that.