im off again...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Snuddlums Posts: 1644
My sister is doing my head in about the children,i swear to god,i wish i never invited them to wedding.I thought i was being good,I had another post here about a babysitter for kids this time the problem is im having the meal too late,I started telling her that we were having a band start at 10 and music playing from 4 till 6 and she was like what time is the meal????.I said im aiming to have it half 6 (7 at the latest) but my sis started saying but what about everyone else they will be starving and the children if we feed them they wont eat their dinner oh my god just go fcuk off.I just said well at the end of the day you are not coming to wedding just to get fed are u??I am not saying anymore about our wedding to them.Iv also had to change my hen coz one of my sister refuses to leave her husband for the night and wanted me to have my hen close to her so she could go home.I think i complained about my mother here on wol a few mths ago but oh my god she is nothing like this sister.
Leftbank Posts: 2395
Jesus what a wagon, she needs to have a drink of cop on....
toesies Posts: 436
let her organise her kids and their meals herself, I hate when people can't move childrens routine around at all(and I have two) she should just buy them a sandwich or two when you get to hotel, no big deal, hope you can let the comments go over your head O-O
bridee2b Posts: 2534
Snuddlums, don't forget who's day it is??!! Please don't let family take the fun out of it for you - I know I don't intend to, but then again, you might have to ask me again closer to the Big Day... At the end of the day, I'm sure that there will be bar food or something available nearby if she's so worried about the kids getting fed at an earlier time - she cannot seriously expect you to rearrange your whole day just to suit her??!! Just take it in your stride - there is a way of working around everything that might be thrown at you... ;o)
whats worse is her kids are 12 and 10.she says she more concerned about the other children. O:|
Cinnabon Posts: 2626
You've your hands full there snuddlums!!!!! Just do things as you want to and let the rest of them figure it out for themselves :hyper:
PinkRibbons Posts: 1446
you poor thing... and the cheek of her "being more concerned about the other children" just fupp off, you're an adult, figure it out!!! O:| O:| I'm having my own children issues just arising the last 10 minutes.... I have a strict NO CHILDREN policy at my wedding (personally think it's an adult event, with drinking etc not suitable for children), youngest attending is 22... aunt has 2 daughters (who specifically WEREN'T invited) aged 12 and 15 .. my mam gets a call today to let her know that the aunt called another aunt (not me, not my mam) to ask if it was ok if they came to the afters, and other aunt replied "Oh OF COURSE it's no problem"... EH HELLO?! who is she to say who can come to the wedding?!?! O:| O:| O:| O:| I admire your patience snuddlums >:o(
[quote="PinkRibbons":3912pdxi]you poor thing... and the cheek of her "being more concerned about the other children" just fupp off, you're an adult, figure it out!!! O:| O:| I'm having my own children issues just arising the last 10 minutes.... I have a strict NO CHILDREN policy at my wedding (personally think it's an adult event, with drinking etc not suitable for children), youngest attending is 22... aunt has 2 daughters (who specifically WEREN'T invited) aged 12 and 15 .. my mam gets a call today to let her know that the aunt called another aunt (not me, not my mam) to ask if it was ok if they came to the afters, and other aunt replied "Oh OF COURSE it's no problem"... EH HELLO?! who is she to say who can come to the wedding?!?! O:| O:| O:| O:| I admire your patience snuddlums >:o([/quote:3912pdxi] ah pinkribbons that would wear u out,if their name not on invite,they not getting in :yelrotflmaosmilie:
PinkRibbons Posts: 1446
I'll get a big ugly bouncer with a deep voice "sorry, luv, over 21s tonight" "sorry luv, you're not on the list" >:o) I was expecting trouble from the start from this family - from day 1 when we got engaged, all I heard was "oh FANTASTIC, X and Y are sooooo exxcited looking forward to the wedding" and the ring was barely on my hand 3 days..... then before the invites went out, they were booking the hotel and they rang my mam to ask "what type of room should we book, family or double, will the invite be just parents or kids too" to which my mam replied, "it will be parents only, no kids" and then last night we hear third hand that apparently they've booked the girls in for some activities in the area for the afternoon while the wedding is on and will come in for the afters??? bulls*it... what horseriding happens at 6-9pm when the dinner is happeneing..... skin and hair flying >:o( >:o(
ah they sound unreal.why cant they just stay at home,its not like the only children that are not going.dont let them wreck your head too much.