Im off the Pill need opinions and advice

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

May 08 Wife Posts: 1642
I went on the pill at aged 16 and i was quite late starting my periods so they were never into a regular pattern before i started the pill looking back it was probably one of the reasons i went on it. Anyway my doctor advised me to go off the pill and let my periods get into a regular pattern themselves before ttc. So i waited until after the wedding and honeymoon and am now off the pill for about 5 weeks. I was on cliest for the first few years and then i changed to Dianette as i was getting a few spots and was very concious (sp) of them. Anyway now im off the pill im getting the odd spot but nothing major so no worries there. So far i have not gotten my 1st period since coming off it but im not really worried about that as i know it can take time and we are using other precautions so i know im definately not pregnant. I have noticed however since i came off the pill for the last few weeks i have really sore boobs. I have never had these before and im wondering is this normal after coming off the pill? Also i thought when i came off the pill i would loose a few lbs instead i seem to have gained a few all around my stomach area. Im now very concious (sp) of my stomach area in my clothes. Has anyone else experieced this when coming off the pill? Also i had no interest in sex when on the pill and i was hoping that would change too but nothing so far.
joer Posts: 1617
hmm reading that sounds like you're preggers!!! it'll probably take your body awhile to adjust to the change.. have you been eating more than normally, maybe you havent noticed??? I'm dying to come off mine, have to wait till after the wedding and honeymoon so that'll be next year! the nurse gave out to me yesterday cause I can never remember to take my pill, maybe every second day or something :-8
joer Posts: 1617
crap, hit send twice...
s wife Posts: 1445
im bumping this up for you as i'll be coming off the pill in the next few weeks so id love to know what others have gone through aswell :o)ll :o)ll
May 08 Wife Posts: 1642
No im definately not pregnant im 100% sure of that. Dont think i have overeating im going to ww so try to be as good as possible and walk for an hour 4 -5 days a week. Drink as much water as possible every day too.
BigDay08 Posts: 514
Some OCPs act as mild diuretics so you could be experiencing bloating/water retention since coming off it.
nerja09 Posts: 77
Hi girls. I came off the pill 2 months ago, and had sore boobs, massive headaches, put on weight (despite being on a diet and having lost 1.5 stones on said diet) and felt generally 'wierd' for about 4-6 weeks. I think it takes time to settle to having a whole different set of hormones in your body....However on the positive side, the headaches have now gone, my skin is much better and I'm sleeping much much better!
july09bridetobe Posts: 31
i came off the pill once after 2 years to give my body a break., i waited 3 months before i got my period, despite being careful i was very worried and wasted a load of money on pregnancy tests and each time was told by different chemists it was common for women to take a few months to get back into a rhythmn.
poppy1 Posts: 596
i never had regular periods. 60, 70 or 90 day cycles grand when your a young one but not when your doing the deed. i was on the pill 9 yrs and came of it to ttc. my libido was never great and i always blamed the pill. but it was nt great for the 6nths i was off it either so i reckon its just me. anyway i had a period after 48 days and then 89 days and yep my boobs were sore every so often and my weight remained the same. after my second period we ttc and bingo im now a mammy!! best of luck
summer09 Posts: 807
My G.P told me that you are at your most fertile as soon and you stop taking the pill & no need to wait tll your cycle become regular :-8