Implantation Bleeding?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

happy mummy Posts: 424
When does this usually happen? It didn't happen to me but a friend of mine recently found out she is pregnant and had what she thinks now would have been implantation bleeding around October 7th/8th. Her AF was always irregular so she has no clue how far along she is. What do you girls think?
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
i ahd implantation bleed at 5+3. i think everyone is different. how many weeks was she on 7th oct?
She doesn't know. She thought that the bleeding was her AF and only tested this month and came back positive. Her GP said that cause she's so irregular it'd be hard to go by her LMP but she thinks she had that around the 4th or 5th of September. She asked me how far I reckon she's gone but since I didn't have implantation bleeding and that seems to be what she's going by I didn't know what to tell her! If she goes by her LMP then she's about 12 weeks give or take...
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
Implantation bleeding happens when the egg implants into the uterus. this usually happens around 7DPO. So implantation bleeding can happen between 7-12 DPO (give or take). Some people get spotting later on. I had some pink blood at 6 weeks but I don't think that you can consider this to be implantation bleeding as the embryo would have been over 2 weeks implanted at this stage. Best thing that your friend can do is get an early dating scan. O-O
Thanks for that! She has a scan coming up in the EPU so she said there's no point in paying for one but just when the two of us were chatting today she was saying she can't really be telling people yet cause she doesn't know how far gone she is :o0 Guess we'll have to wait and see! We're both super impatient! :thnk