implantation symptoms?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrsjay Posts: 190
hi girls i'm a longtime user but now that i'm married and have moved onto this section, i've decided to change my username as people know me by my other name and i'm not ready to go public just yet! anyway i was just wondering if any of you who have succeeded in getting pregnant can remember feeling any sort of movement during implantation. i'm 8 dpo, at least i think so anyway and all evening i've had these twinges on the left side of my womb. my over-active mind is imagining implantation taking place but it's probably just a case of wishful thinking. there has been no spotting, as of yet anyway. did any of you ever get this sensation before getting your bfps? or is it all in my head?!?!?
Mrs Peg Posts: 1778
hey mrs jay, i didn't reply to your poll because i haven't managed to get pregnant yet! but i know in the 2ww i've had all sorts of twinges, butterflies, stabbing - and i've convinced myself i'm pregnant every month because of it! i know a lot of the girls have had cramping or whatever around this time though and did turn out to be pregnant, so it's hard to know. good luck - i hope it's ur month!
thanks mrs peg. well last night after i wrote the first post i went to bed and i had actual cramps, not just twinges. it felt exactly the same as when af is due, that kind of burning sensation but only on one side (the side i also felt movement on on the day of ovulation) so i have myself all convinced it's finally worked this month. when i woke up this morning the pains had gone but now the twinges are coming back - only on the left side. i know it could be anything but i swear i never before got that pre-af feeling a week to 8/9 days before af was really due... fingers crossed anyway!!!
btw good luck to you too mrs peg - i'm on CD 22 today almost 23 now so not long to wait anyway... and then if it doesn't really work this month, then i swear i'll never pay attention to any more niggly feelings ever again :innocent: :o0
:o0 we're all guilty of that here mrs jay, so i wouldn't worry! it's noticing what's out of the ordinary for you though that counts - sounds promising! not too long to wait to find out for sure - i really hope it is! good luck!
well those cramps and pains certainly was out of the ordinary but since the other night i haven't felt anything different at all so now i'm thinking all sorts... like he tried to nuzzle his way in but then got tired half way through and said to hell with this and just kept swimming on away down the tube!! :o0 well i'll let ya know anyway in a week or so, fingers crossed!!
jellybaby Posts: 2316
Hi mrsjay, Like Peg said, I convinced myself each month that it was different and that I was pg, but the month I got the bfp I had cramps from around 6 dpo. The night of 7 dpo I couldn't sleep as the pain was so bad. It was like really bad AF cramps - and I never, ever got any symptoms before AF other than sore boobs. I actually thought something was wrong the pains were that bad :-8. At 8 dpo I had mild cramps, and a metallic taste (although most people say they never get this). The cramps then went, and I was left with the metallic taste at 9 and 10 dpo also. Got the bfp that month at 11dpo. Hope you get the result you're looking for this month *) *)
that's mad jellybaby - i was just thinking of u when i wrote that post, remember ur 7dpo cramping! hope all is well with ya! :wv
yeah i remember your bfp jellybaby!! it does sound kinda promising doesn't it but you'd never know. you say the cramps stopped after a couple of nights and then felt nothing? that's similar to me only i only felt twinges and cramps for about 10 hours. it's different for everyone though isn't it! i'm on 10 DPO and i've no sore boobs, no metallic taste and no more cramps!! actually like i said earlier i feel as normal as anything... how many DPOs can you test? i'm sure 11 is too early for me as my af isn't due for another 6 or 7 days ...
you've a 35% chance of getting a positive on 10dpo (presuming ur preggars that is!), so i'd try and hold out another few days if you can!