Important Message from McElhinney's of Donegal

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Martin McElhinney Posts: 4
Hello Ladies, my name is Martin McElhinney and I am the General Manager of McElhinney's of DONEGAL. I was very sorry to read about the media reports that McElhinney’s of ATHBOY was closing. However, I feel that it is important that I reassure our customers that McElhinney’s of DONEGAL HAS ABSOLUTELY NO CONNECTION to McElhinney's of ATHBOY whatsoever. We only share a surname and happen to be department stores. Our family business continues to trade successfully despite these challenging times. McElhinney's of Donegal have been in business for almost 40 years and hope to be around for many more. This would not be possible without the support of our loyal customers for which my family and I are so grateful. It is so sad to hear that such a fine independent retailer as McElhinney's of ATHBOY is closing their doors. I'm sure many of you will have happy memories of shopping there, and with over 70 years of history I'm sure many of your parents and grandparents will have too. My thoughts are with the Sweeney family, their employees and their families. It is a sad day for retailing in Ireland. If you have any further questions please contact myself or the team in the Bridal Rooms on 074 9131217.
BlossomHill Posts: 2169
Thanks for posting. It will reassure many Wollies It is a sad day when such an old and well known establishment has to close it's doors.