In laws....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

excitedlady Posts: 431
Just wondering if anyone had one of their inlaws refuse to go to your wedding? I have a feeling my fsil won't come
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
No thankfully, everythign was grand for us on that score. Why do you think she won't be there? Has there been a row or has she said something? I think maybe let your H2B sort it out if it's his sister? You look after your family and he looks after his. That's how hubby and I do it - it's simpler and works for us.
CB2012 Posts: 236
Deleted
She hates me! Its a loooooooooooong story! But she's being very immature about it all. Any time he texts her she goes mad at him because she hasn't heard from him in ages (obviously my fault!!) but sure no wonder he doesn't keep in touch when he gets nasty replies all the time! I'm trying my best to stay out of it. Honestly it wouldn't bother me if she didn't go but it would bother me for OH iykwim.... I would be heartbroken if one of my family refused to come
Thanks Ktocb. But did it not bother your OH? I'd feel really bad over it because although I didn't actually do anything, in her mind I'm the devil woman!!
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
I know exactly what you mean ExcitedLady, of course you want all his family there. All your family will be there and you want all his to be the same. I understand. But look - if she doesn't go, she doesn't go. It's her choice and it's nothing to do with you. She's invited, yes? She knows when and where the wedding is and that she is on the guest list and welcome? Well then - leave her at it! She either comes or she doesn't. Don't try to pre-empt anything. Just go about your business organising the wedding and let her make up her own mind. Easy for me to say I know. Hope it works out for you, best of luck!
Thanks Smileykatz, Yeah we'll still be inviting her. She's being a total cow! My brother would never speak to me again if I was behaving the way she is! Ah families!!! Life would be boring without them!! :yelrotflmaosmilie:
CB2012 Posts: 236
[quote="excitedlady":1icljvnl]Thanks Ktocb. But did it not bother your OH? I'd feel really bad over it because although I didn't actually do anything, in her mind I'm the devil woman!![/quote:1icljvnl] It did bother him and we're not sure why hes not coming. I'm just guessing the reason. My oh decided not to show he was upset because it would make fmil angry at his brother and we didn't want to start any rows. Your fsil may still go you never know. I'm hoping my fbil will turn up he's getting an invitation and I hope for my oh's sake he'll change his mind. I agree with smileykas try not to think about it and enjoy planning your wedding you'll only do it once do don't let anything ruin it for you. I'm sure your oh knows it's not your fault.
Mari yay Posts: 4045
My BIL and SIL didn't come,MIL said she wouldn't but that was an attempt by her to have her own way, once she realised it was pointless she backed down. Also, husbands 2 uncles didn't go. We didn't miss ANY of them on the day.
CANTWAITNOW Posts: 61
We are having ours away from home and putting on a meal for immediate families the night before and paying for this and their accom. My fiance's mother and father will not come to this and will not meet my fiance the morning of the wedding to get ready with him instead they will just arrive to the church. My fiance reckons they wont even come to the church. The venue is 35 mins from their house, it is further for everyone else attending. Some people on my side even have to travel over 3 hours. I find this upsetting but fiance accepts this more or less.