In need of some courage

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

maria1234 Posts: 186
Hi all, Just wondering if anyone can help me, i want to leave my job the only thing is i have just been here a month. I just don't like it. :-8 Can anyone give me some advise on what way i should approach my boss. (she is scary) :eek Thanks :o)ll
clucky Posts: 26471
did you get it through an agency? if so i would explain to the person in the agency that you were dealing with that you were expecting different things from the role and that you dont feel you can continue when you cant give 100% and they deserve someone in the role who will give it their all if not simply ask for a chat with the boss - explain whats different about it than you expected and you would rahter tell him now and maybe go your seperate ways than continue much longer in a job you are unhappy in and that you should leave now and he can get someone in who will fit the role better
Shin Posts: 8515
simple really and not being smart but just leave. You're not legally obliged by law to give notice to anywhere if you're employed under 13 weeks. "toodle pip" "see ya on a bus or somethin" and walk out. Life's too short to be worrying about people's reactions. It's a job, if she's anyway professional she's not going to take it personally. Good luck xx
dita Posts: 960
don't think I would agree with Shins topic you still have to a level of respect for people you work with (us being human after all) being professional doesn't mean being rude all you have to say is while you gave it your best shot you don't felel the job is for you and that you don't want to waste their time by you not fulling heart into your work. and that you are giving what ever amount of notice you are giving... its better to leave on a good note that by leaving a sour tast in everyones mouth about you.
Bubski Posts: 1785
I would tell them i wasnt happy with the role but get your self another job before you say it.
nicci Posts: 26
I had the exact same problem a few years ago. I was going to wait until I had another job but really couldn't handle it anymore. The boss was a asshole. I just told him I wasn't happy and give him a weeks notice. He tried to get me to stay and his attitude towards me completely changed. But during the weeks notice I got a new job which I am still at and really enjoy. Life is [b:3jry1pio]way too short[/b:3jry1pio] to dread going into work.......
Little Angel Posts: 913
Nicci, I am the very same, im in a new job 4 months now and I hate it, hate it oh and did i mention that I hate it! dying to leave but have a mortgage and all that so cant till i get another one. everyday is like hell. oh please let me get a new job!!
maria1234 Posts: 186
Hi everyone, Thanks for all the replies :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Its nice to know there are other people in my sitution. The people in here are really nice its just really really quiet then what i'm use to. The travel up & down maybe taken its toll as well did'nt realise how hard it would b getting up at 6 to get a bus for 7 and not getting home till 8 dat evening. I'll give it another week or so & decide when i'm back from my holidays. *) *) I have a mortgage to pay too :-8
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
[quote="maria1234":csa0t9ng]Hi everyone, Thanks for all the replies :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Its nice to know there are other people in my sitution. The people in here are really nice its just really really quiet then what i'm use to. The travel up & down maybe taken its toll as well did'nt realise how hard it would b getting up at 6 to get a bus for 7 and not getting home till 8 dat evening. I'll give it another week or so & decide when i'm back from my holidays. *) *) I have a mortgage to pay too :-8[/quote:csa0t9ng] You can use the travel as an excuse, say its a lot tougher than you expected, you have really tried to give it time but you cant see it getting any easier so you need to take a job nearer your home.
Topolino Posts: 1659
[quote:2f5m8lxi]getting up at 6 to get a bus for 7 and not getting home till 8 dat evening[/quote:2f5m8lxi] That is insane!!! Just tell them all that travelling is taking its toll on you. And get a job closer to home. You'll get ill keeping hours like that. Imagine how horrible it will be in the winter too. Doesn't bear thinking about...