In shock and worried

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Blue-eyes Posts: 46
I finished taking the pill the 7th August after been on it for 10 years without a break and discovered yesterday im pregnant Im still in shock to say the least delighted but in shock Im worried beacuse i had some spotting last night is that normal?
Towniegirl Posts: 881
Congrats on your pregnancy! :o)ll What you described about the bleed, it sounds like implantation bleed. As long as its not bleeding heavily and not bright red you are fine and I'm sure you are. A happy healthy 9 months ahead!! When are you due?
Nadie Posts: 1111
Congratulations Blue Eyes! My doc told me to only worry if I was getting spotting and cramps at the same time, and that one or other on their own are normal.
I used one of the clearblue digital yesterday Morning and it said i was 2-3 weeks and checked again last night and this morning my Husband is gobsmacked we both want children and are over the moon just wasnt expecting it to happend so quickly only got married in July. Ive been getting pains similar to period pains and my back is very sore as well as been tired all the time. Dont know when i should go to the Doctor should i leave it for another week I was in at the Doctor 2 weeks ago and told her I was off the pill no plans but if it happend great she took blood to check me for rubella (which I havent got the results of) and told me to get Folic Acid which I only started taking on Friday. The blood was quite red but only spotting and no sign of anymore this morning
Towniegirl Posts: 881
As you said you feel like having a period and your back is sore thats another symtom, I had them too. It lasts for few days. If I were you I'd make an appointment for the doctor just to have her confirmirming your pregnancy and give you a due date. Also keep taking the folic acid anyway for another few months. The best of luck, let me know how you go.
Nadie Posts: 1111
I'd go straight back to the doc and get on the phone to the hospital to book your first appointment straight after - with this baby boom you need to get in there quick! The tiredness lasted until week 14/15 for me, listen to your body and sleep whenever you can, it will pass.
Thanks a mill for your advice Nadie and Towniegirl
blondiechick Posts: 1641
Congratulations, You sound like the way I was. I had spotting, cramping, red blood, brown blood, little clots, the lot....and as you can see from my ticker, all is perfect. It sounds like it's implantation, which like me, CAN occur after your BFP....it's the little embryo implanting further into the uterus. so try not to worry, I know easier said than done, but if I was a betting woman, I would be putting high odds on it being an implantation bleed as it is exactly the same as what I had...only mine could even have been worse so don't worry!!
Went to the Doctor at Lunch today she said im 5 weeks and due the 15th May I still cant believe it still in shock and also said the same as you girls it was normal for some spotting. Now for it all to sink it I only came off the pill the 7th August after 10 years the Doctor was laughing reckoned it was a good job I was on it :o0
tilsun Posts: 4506
Congrats Blue-eyes, what a wonderful surprise for you both! Sleep, sleep and sleep some more! Here's to a great pregnancy! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll