Inappropriate First Dance Songs - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

R2theB Posts: 1660
Must ask h2b about this, he's [i:2zr7bxrj]always[/i:2zr7bxrj] banging on about sh!te first dance choices from playing at so many weddings, but I haven't heard him talking about inappropriate ones. Speaking of funerals, I was at a very sad but lovely one last week, it was a civil funeral at a crematorium and it was a really tragic loss, but the guy who passed away had an amazing sense of humour and the music played was Juicy by Notorious B.I.G. and This Must Be The Place by Talking Heads, I absolutely love that I'll always think of him now when I hear those songs, much better than miserable old Ave Maria (which is actually beautiful but you know what I mean).
katiecaboom Posts: 831
Paulo nautinis pencil full of lead, has a second meaning :eek
trance Posts: 3129
Ours was 'Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter', himself chose it. 'How Deep Is Your Love' for the funeral thanks.
Drummerswife Posts: 3497
I'm associated with a brass band and two pieces that we have been asked to play are time to say goodbye and phantom of the opera (which is actually a medley mainly featuring the song "I don't know how to love him") I think it's so funny.
Flower Girl Posts: 1645
I always think "If You Could Read My Mind" would be a gorgeous song to have a first dance to, the music is beautiful. But unfortunately it's about a divorce and contains the lines "I don't know where we went wrong, but the feeling's gone and I just can't get it back." Ouch.
Nostress Posts: 1606
As inappropriate as I can think Lily Allen - It's not fair!!!
Bfp4me2013 Posts: 760
Littlebo Posts: 2598
Ours was Beast of Burden...Rolling Stones. Yip I'm the Beast of Burden, or so they say.
Twinkle toe Posts: 1025
Robbing from Glee here but 'Thong Song' :o0
Shopgirl 1 Posts: 660
I know someone who had Please release me. I think it was meant to be funny.