incompetent cervix- SP Rotunda

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

gingernutter Posts: 1356
Hi, I'm going semi private in rotunda. next appt not till 20 week scan. If i want to contact the semi private clinic for something i'm concerned about can i? basically i was diagnosed with a bicorunate uterus (heart shaped uterus) a few yrs ago, i mentioned it at first appt but the doc didn't really say anything. I'm now reading that this can lead to an incompetent cervix which could lead to going in to labour very early ie anytime from 20 weeks so i want to get a test done where they'll measure the length of my cervix to see am i at risk. I just dont know how i can go about organising this...can i phone the semi private clinic and ask to speak to a midwife? (its times like this i wish i'd gone private!) Any advice would be welcome x
suitcase of hopes and dreams Posts: 2932
You can ring the semi-p clinic hun and ask for midwife to chat to you if concerned. I did so when expecting ds and it was no probs at all.
Thanks Ever Hopeful. You always have the answers to my questions! Hope you're doing ok and looking after yourself after your terrible few days x
suitcase of hopes and dreams Posts: 2932
No probs hun, i know how it feels to worry after such a road to get here. Ring tomorrow hun, it'll put your mind at ease. I'm doing ok, ds keeping us going, so so blessed to have him :lvs
[quote="ever hopeful again":m9adbh9l]I'm doing ok, ds keeping us going, so so blessed to have him [/quote:m9adbh9l] Glad you have your DS to keep your mind busy and you're right you are so blessed to have him. I often think if i can just have this baby healthy and safely i will be happy. Not sure i could face the full ivf journey again. Its so tough x