Indifferent hotel

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

kariega Posts: 112
Hi all Just wondering if how anyone dealing with the Mc william Hotel in Claremorris found them. I found them to be very indifferent & felt like we were just another wedding & they did not care. Have also found they are unwilling to negotiate & when trying to get a better wedding room rate was told by a manager that it was a bank holiday weekend they would fill the hotel regardless. Not at all impressed by their attitude. Have found another hotel available on the same date & they are the complete opposite & couldn't be more helpful & are will to work with us & come to some compromise. Confused & don't know what to do? Has anyone else had any difficultly with the Mc William.
Jomcodoodle Posts: 284
Tbh i wouldn't be booking with any hotel that gave me that vibe. You want to know your wedding day will be perfect and if they're already giving you a bit of attitude when they don't have your money yet imagine what they could be like once you're locked in!
The problem is that we have paid the initial booking deposit, but I honestly don't care about losing that at this stage. H2B still wants go ahead with this hotel, but he rarely deals with them, so has not seem them as I have. I want to be 100% confident with the hotel. The other hotel we are looking at is coming in at €1500 approx cheaper, with a lot more extra in the package as well. To me it makes sense to change, but he doesn't agree.
AwkwardAnnie Posts: 2191
Can I ask what deposit you paid, because if it was less than the €1500 you'll save by moving hotels - well you won't lose any money and you'll have peace of mind. TBH thought, the hotel probably will sell out the rooms on the bank holiday so maybe thats why they aren't willing to bring the prices down. I know a lot of people from around here who have stayed in the Mc William - so its fairly popular.
jezabelle Posts: 607
That’s so rude, we went to a very popular 4 star hotel on the out skirts of Wexford Town, the manager told us our wedding was just another day in the busy year for them, that he CHURNS out 2 weddings a week and our will just be another one!! He then showed us to the bridal suite, opened the door we walked in and there was a couple in the room!! :-8 :ooh Morto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So as we apologised to the couple red faced and turned around, the manager said that’s because the receptionist is from xxx town, (another county) there all thick there!! I just replied I’m from there and so is DH cos we are and the receptionist was a few years ahead of me in school! He patted me on the back at the door of the hotel and said we prob won’t see you again will we and I said absolutely not!! If they are lax or have a bad attitude don’t go with the hotel, someone else will much prefer you’re booking and will treat you’s as you should be!!
AwkwardAnnie Posts: 2191
[quote="jezabelle":30xd3bhq]That’s so rude, we went to a very popular 4 star hotel on the out skirts of Wexford Town, the manager told us our wedding was just another day in the busy year for them, that he CHURNS out 2 weddings a week and our will just be another one!! He then showed us to the bridal suite, opened the door we walked in and there was a couple in the room!! :-8 :ooh Morto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So as we apologised to the couple red faced and turned around, the manager said that’s because the receptionist is from xxx town, (another county) there all thick there!! I just replied I’m from there and so is DH cos we are and the receptionist was a few years ahead of me in school! He patted me on the back at the door of the hotel and said we prob won’t see you again will we and I said absolutely not!! If they are lax or have a bad attitude don’t go with the hotel, someone else will much prefer you’re booking and will treat you’s as you should be!![/quote:30xd3bhq] OH MY GOD - I'm SHOCKED at that manager!
You'd think that hotels would be delighted of your business & treat you with some respect, but obviously not. Being from Mayo we have alot of hotels to choose from & whats a popular venue this year, might be not be next year. I find too that people get sick of going to the same hotel all the time. All I can say is that they should value your custom because they might need it sometime in the future.
mrspatpat Posts: 380
My friend had her reception there a couple of years ago ( I was bridesmaid). I can say from a guests point of view it was lovely but I know she had some issues on the day and made a complaint. I think she even put an update on here about it after the wedding. I'll ask her the details. I think they gave her a weekend break in the hotel as compensation. But like I said, I thought it was lovely from a guest point of view, I think it was a problem with rooms or the childminder. If I find out in the next few days I'll pm you
frankenbride Posts: 419
[quote="jezabelle":1nekd2k2]That’s so rude, we went to a very popular 4 star hotel on the out skirts of Wexford Town, the manager told us our wedding was just another day in the busy year for them, that he CHURNS out 2 weddings a week and our will just be another one!! He then showed us to the bridal suite, opened the door we walked in and there was a couple in the room!! :-8 :ooh Morto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So as we apologised to the couple red faced and turned around, the manager said that’s because the receptionist is from xxx town, (another county) there all thick there!! I just replied I’m from there and so is DH cos we are and the receptionist was a few years ahead of me in school! He patted me on the back at the door of the hotel and said we prob won’t see you again will we and I said absolutely not!! If they are lax or have a bad attitude don’t go with the hotel, someone else will much prefer you’re booking and will treat you’s as you should be!![/quote:1nekd2k2] This is appalling behaviour but I have to say it made me laugh I'd of just died seeing the couple in the room :-8 :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: