Induction

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Mia Posts: 326
Hi , just wondering for those of you have been induced what exactly is the procedure? They want me to go in Wednesday afternoon and will be induced following day if I haven't gone myself..why do I have to go in day before? Really hope I go into labour myself naturally...hate hospitals and don't wanna be in there too long O:|
whackywoman Posts: 1496
when I was induced on DD I went in on a Thursday night, was given some gel that night at around 8.30pm and then DD was born the next day. Are you sure that they are not going to give you some gel, try and break your waters etc? I went to the Coombe not sure if that makes any difference
Idina Posts: 1289
When I was taken in to be induced this is what happened. The midwife checked my cervix to see how favourable it was (apparently it wasn't! :o0 ), checked baby to see how he was doing and I was told pretty much straight away that this may not work. She then introduced gel into my vagina and that was pretty much it. It was uncomrftable getting it done but not painful. I was then left to see if contractions would start. They didn't so the following morning I was given a second lot of gel and again it didn't work so I was then scheduuled for a section that evening. I'm sorry I ahve no info beyond the gel as that's as far as I got. Best of luck!
novice1 Posts: 276
I was induced. Was brought in the previous night and given gel at 1am. Started very mild contractions at 3am. At 10am I was brought up to the labour ward to break waters and at that stage I was 3cm. It was not very natural atall. Labour pains got a bit stronger after that and I got epi at 1pm and DS was born at 7pm. Best of luck I hope that you go by yourself before next week.
Mrs Mia Posts: 326
Thanks so much for your replies girls, please god I will go myself before wednesday, will have to get walking today, however don't think I'll get very far in this heat!!! :yelrotflmaosmilie: