Induction this Thursday 8am can DH be with me?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

djdee Posts: 2118
Hi gir well I am a week overdue today, was at post dates check up today, scan showed baby fine and happy. My cervix is still high up and closed and baby's head is fixed but not engaged. Anyway, I am booked in for an induction for this Thursday (hopefully I will go myself before then) and am quite anxious but dying to meet baby at this stage as getting really uncomfortable and heavy. I am going with the Rotunda, has any one and experience of what happens? Do I just bring my labour bag in? Can DH stay with me? I thought I read somewhere that they can only be with one once you go into actual labour? We live over an hour from hospital so he cant just go home and come back? He was thinking of checking into Jurys... I just presumed he could be with me (obviously not all the time - as I know he will get bored) Anyone any idea of what happens? thanks :thnk
Marpat Posts: 1784
hey there djdee Was actually thinking of you this morning as you have given me my obsession of peeing on OPK's instead of HPT's! can't believe that was 9 months ago you got that famous smiley face!!! Anyway, I can speak from induction experience only in Coombe. I know that all the girls who were being induced were brought in evening time. I was hospitalised before my induction so it didn't apply to me. But the other girls and me (a few days later) were given a pessary at night time and then Dh's could stay until visiting hours were over. If things were happening fast though and you went up to labour ward during the night, he could come back in. I know I got my pessary at bout 9 p.m. and was examined the next morning and was dilated enough to break my waters. At this stage, I was told that DH could come back in and go straight to labour ward. Basically they can stay as long as they if you are in labour ward. If you are just waiting in a ward after having pessary, they will have to go after late visiting hours. I'd say it would be a good idea to stay in Jurys. At least you know he's not far away. My sister was induced and her labour started within a couple of hours so a good idea!! The very best of luck to you. You will be fine. I found induction fine but quite quick!! Best wishes Marpat
Marpat Posts: 1784
sorry djdee - only reading the heading of the topic now - you're going in at 8 in the morning? I would say he would be able to stay with you all day. There are quiet times in the hospit normally coinciding with meal times and he might be asked to leave for those (depending on how strict they are). coombe were pretty strict in wards but not in private rooms. I'd say if nothing happens by the end of evening hours, he will be aksed to leave and then Jury's will come in handy. good luck again. mp
Anonymous Posts: 24542
:o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll OMG hun you'll get to meet your baba by the weekend, oh i'm soooooooooooooo excited for you hun. When i was in the rotunda the last 2 weeks security give your partner a white card so they can come and go all day as your visitor, only time was mealtimes as marpat said, now i'm not sure if its the same everywhere as i was on gyane ward. Maybe put this post over on mums and kids too as they have been there already :lvs :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Ivy F Posts: 2023
All I can say is BEST OF LUCK, pet!!!!!! You must be climbing the walls by now, you poor thing!!! :action32 Will be thinking of you! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
itwillbeme Posts: 838
Best of luck djdee :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Heavenleigh Posts: 1406
I was induced, too. Be patient, it might actually take one or two days until babs makes an appearance - just so you´re not too disappointed if babs doesnt arrive on the thursday - cos I was in tears with dissapointment. It´s not as bad as some people think at all - just all a bit longer. Will cross my fingers for you to go yourself before thursday, the best of luck for you, thinking of you :wv
dec2011B2B Posts: 452
best of luck for thurs hope u have a nice easy time and then the most wonderful gift at the end of it :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
cheer bear bride Posts: 3731
OMG dee, how exciting for you :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll hope all goes well, cant wait to read your birth story-nothing will beat your 'bfp' story though :o0 hope you are going to text someone so they can tell us if its a Pheobe or a Pheobo!
wedjul05 Posts: 5673
Hi there, I have totally no advise re induction! Sorry. I just wanted to say best of luck, can't believe you will PG be holding your LO in your arms soon. Your pg seems to have flown by. Enjoy the adventure :wv