Induction tomorrow...any advice?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

arsenal09 Posts: 286
Ladies, i'm 6 days overdue and booked in for induction at 9am tomorrow due to swelling and itchy bump (can't sleep with it) Any advice is much appreciated as i really don't know anything much about it.
honey pot Posts: 210
Hey Arsenal I don't have any advise but just wishing you all the best for tomorrow. A friend of mine got an induction and she said it fine.... Hopefully by the end of tomorrow you'll be holding you baby... Honey pot
NewMom1 Posts: 1252
sorry arsenal I dont have advice either but just wanted to wish you all the best for tomorrow! xxx
Sophia Posts: 117
Hi Arsenal, My sister was induced with her baby and she said it was grand. She was about 9 days overdue and when she went in they gave her the gel in the evening time and told her rest, nothing happened with that so they gave her gel again the next morning and then that seemed to start it for her. Her waters broke soon after. Hope that makes sense, I'm just trying to remember what she told me. Sorry I can't be of any further help as personally my little fella was born by c section. The very best of luck tomorrow.
Aurge Posts: 1456
How Exciting. Best of luck !! :o)ll :o)ll
Blackbird Posts: 5135
Are you being started with gel or breaking of waters? I was induced due to high BP but I was already about 2cm dilated so I didn't need the gel. They broke my waters and put me on the drip. Contractions for me felt like braxton hicks, not like period pain, which I was expecting. They started straight away really. I was induced at 8.30am and DS was born at 3.57pm so it wasn't that long for an induction. Advice...just take it one step at a time. They normally check you every two hours, unless you request otherwise so just work in two hour slots, don't think about the entire labour (except the very end obviously!). Bring a drink and snack for DH so he's not having to go out if things are moving faster than expected. Don't worry about maternity pads or nappies for the baby in your labour bag, they will give them to you. We did a crossword at one point! Don't think I was very good at it though. Just take it one step at a time, focus on your breathing and bring your ipod so you can block everything else out. Try and get off the bed as much as possible. I was stuck to the bed on the monitor the whole time and it was a pain. You will be fine. Best of luck with it.
roxychick Posts: 1802
Just wanted to say best of luck with everything. You'll soon have your baby in your arms
fxfor3 Posts: 2347
I had the gels and honeslty i found the thought of them worse than what they were. Its really not bad. Best of luck and just think tomorrow you will have your baba in your arms
arsenal09 Posts: 286
Thanks so much ladies for all the wishes and advice, feeling much better about things now and just excited about meeting my LO xxx
JT Posts: 397
Good luck Arsenal - will be thinking of you tomorrow.