Menu

INFORMATION FOR PREGNANT WOMEN

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pinkpanter Posts: 191
Hello girls im currently trying for a baby at the moment but no luck yet so please god next month. seen an article on the independent today that mite be of interest regarding taking vitamins during pregnancy. best wishes to all the mammies and of course daddies to be http://www.independent.ie/health/case-s ... 77087.html
aston Posts: 4100
Thanks pinkpanther :wv
delirious Posts: 287
Pink Panther, I'm pregnant and due in June. I havent read that article but i can say the month i started taking multivitamins, i conceived! I was returning to work after the school hols (im a teacher) and I felt i might be a bit run down the first month (sept) so i took vitamins and hey presto, got pregnant! Best of luck and fun with the ttc. HOpe this is of some interest to you.
Inlove10 Posts: 806
Thanks that's really interesting, particularly the point about how food is processed these days. I dont' think our grand parents sufered as much illness as we do these days. Anyway boots are doing 3 for 2 at the moment. I got the pregnacare pregnancy ones with omega 3 (which is also supposed to be really important for the babies development) €19.99 each.
Finished here Posts: 2860
I was attending a nutritionist to help me with fertility difficulties and when i got pregnant she adviced to take several types of supplements one of which is D3 and now i am reading everywhere about D3. I take a prenatal vitamin, Vit D 3, Omega 3 and a Lactobacillus acidophilus supplement ! The pregnancy is now going really well and the doctor says the baby is doing really well and is perfect size etc. I had a higher risk of miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy so i really feel the supplements helped with the pregnancy as the hormone imbalance was balanced by the supplements !