Ingrown hairs

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

LuckyYear2013 Posts: 3972
How the hell can I prevent them? I always get them and they drive me insane. Please tell me how ye keep them away?
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
I don't get them but my sister often get them. Apparently you need exfoliate, exfoliate and exfoliate some more. Some pople are just more prone to them then others. Dreading getting them as they seem pretty sore.
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
Yep, you have to exfoliate yourself to within an inch of your life!
jamjars Posts: 1721
Yeah I get them a lot, bikini line and underarm, its suppose to be a combination of quick regrowth and small pores, I've heard it's all about the exfoliation alright but I just attack them with the tweezers- they are such a pain though!
exfoliating a lot already, must increase it though. Main area with the problem is my bikini line, and didn't want to be scrubbing too much! Jamjar, always need to get at them with a tweezers as well, and then I'm left with a big blotchy looking area. Thought there might have been some miracle cure that I didn't know about - obviously not! Thanks!
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
I get them the odd time along the bikini line, such a pain. Unfortunatley I don't exfoliate there - so I know it's 100% my fault. I just attack them with the tweezers, but a lot of the time that leave an ugly red mark which can mean you get more ingrown hairs. Sometimes tweezing can leave a red raised mark - which doesn't always go away, so you'd think I'd remember to go into the main bathroom to get the little bottle of tea-tree oil to heal :duh: :duh:
candypants Posts: 8575
I get these ALL the time on my eyebrows, there flipping sore (this is how it looks when i attack it ;o( ) :o0
Big Chatterbox have you changed your name again?
candypants Posts: 8575
[quote="Mrs Purple":ge0ri9ox]Big Chatterbox have you changed your name again?[/quote:ge0ri9ox] I know, Wol is gone quiet so there shouldnt be to much of a mix up :-8
14thmay2010 Posts: 148
Exfoliate and mositurise. Also this cream is meant to be very good http://www.skindoctors.com.au/Ingrow-Go.aspx?p1279. Also i found that getting my bikini line waxed using hot wax instead of the strip wax made a difference aswell.