Inner vision 4D scans (Mayo)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs. Ash Posts: 1168
Just wondering if anyone has come across the Inner Vision Ultrasound clinic in Castlebar? Saw an ad today in one of the local papers about it offering 4d scans and private early scans 8-12 weeks, so I'm just wondering has anyone heard of them or used them? Not in the family way yet, (here's hoping! :-8 ) but it's the first time I've come across a clinic like this in the West? I know there are one or two in Dublin but I didn't think we had anything like it! Just curious really! :wv
theoracle Posts: 7664
I haven't used them myself, but they are around for quite few years now. I know some wollies used them and were quite happy. I phoned them and they have sent me a leaflet but I never went for it, it felt weird to see my baby's face before it is born! It was abot 300+ euro as I recall for a 4d scan (I think).
mrswed Posts: 141
Im based in the West not far from Castlebar and got the 4d scan done at 25 weeks. It is the most amazing experience. Got to see our baby in all its glory, stretching, yawning, moving. It was brilliant & well worth it. Took about 1 hour from start to finish. It is a very relaxed room and the woman who does the scan is lovely. There is a second screen on the wall for you to see what is going on so you don't have to keep twisting your head to see it on her screen. You get loads of pics to bring home and a dvd of the whole session. It cost us €175 at the time. Hope this info is of some help to you and good luck in the future.