Insomnia at 5 weeks pg????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Peaches78 Posts: 768
Girls, Im 5 weeks preggers and since I got my bfp 4 days ago I havent slept a wink at night! Im recked during the day and go to bed early around 10 and then toss and trun for the night. Im awake at 4.45am till abt 6.30 and then sleep for a hour before i get up for work...recked! Has anybody else experienced this???? Will it go away??? I'll be in nut house if this continues O:|
newyorker Posts: 309
I also suffered from insomnia when I was almost 4 weeks pregnant. Only lasted a couple of nights. I think it was a combination of it being very warm at night and just being restless. I would suggest leaving the window open at night time and see if that makes a difference. It seemed to work for me.
Makka Pakka Posts: 620
I have had this throughout my entire pregnancy. It was pure torture. If you still have it in a while and want a recommendation of a good acupunturist (if your in Dublin), pm me. Its the only thing that helped me :o)ll I genuinely hope it goes away for you!
Lizzie02 Posts: 2624
[b:lk84s25w]nowmrsb[/b:lk84s25w], congrats on the pregnancy :o)ll I was on prednisolone from 4-12 weeks and put my insomnia down to this at first but now I still have it on/off. I mentioned to my GP and he just smiled at me and said 'Yep, that's one of the side effects I'm afraid'.
twoboys Posts: 320
Let me know if you'd like me to send you the GentleBirth Mp3 for early pregnancy - lots of Wollies find it helpful for getting more sleep. Tracy
Peaches78 Posts: 768
Hi Girls, thanks for your replys...I had my first GP apt today and mentioned it to him and he kind of laughed and said yes thats part and parcel, but in a nice way. Two boys that would be great, could you email it to me, is that possible?
twoboys Posts: 320
Yes - email is easiest - just PM me your email address. Tracy