Insomnia - can I take anything?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Vogue Posts: 426
Hi ladies, My sleeping pattern hasn't been great since getting pg. I would fall asleep quite easily but wake up around 4am and doze the rest of the night. It has got progressively worse in the last week. I fall asleep around 2am and wake up around 4 and can't get back to sleep. It's wearing me down and am in the worst form. Is there anything I can take to help me sleep?
maman Posts: 297
HI Vogue, im in exactly the same situation as you, its so annoying isnt it? I asked the question a few days ago and I was advised to take hot chocolate etc. Last night I had a great nights sleep for the first time in at least three weeks and the only thing I did differently was force myself to go to the loo just before falling asleep. I think that maybe it made a difference. If anyone else has any ideas??? Thanks x
petunia Posts: 1626
i have a lavender pouch just beside the bed and theres a gentle whiff off that, i think this helps me a bit but im not sleeping great either.
Gingham Posts: 3014
not sleeping great either..just can't get comfortable, would of always slept on my belly....am hoping it will improve because I am starting to feel wreaked!
pattie Posts: 2379
I find relaxation CDs great. I use my hypnobirthing CDs to go back to sleep in the middle of the night.
hopingforsoon Posts: 1152
I find recently that a spray or two of Rescue Remedy when I can't fall back asleep is helping me these nights. Also, a warm bath before bedtime to relax the body and mind will help ... your mind is more active as well, wondering about "what if's" and all the daunting responsibility around the corner, so if you can relax your brain a little bit it will help. Fresh air in the room helps me as well ... I always have to have windows open and a nice fresh breeze blowing through.
Inlove10 Posts: 806
Maybe try camomile tea before you go to bed