Insomnia during pregnancy? Acupuncture?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Makka Pakka Posts: 620
Hi Ladies, I am at my wits end. Since bfp, I have insomnia. I have never suffered from this in my life. I struggle to get to sleep, and when I finally do, I sleep so lightly and wake easily. I hear every noise. Its hell. :o( Its starting to affect hubby now. Does anyone know if acupuncture would help? Am assuming its all the hormones rusing around thats doing it. I can't take anything, so am willing to try anything. I can't go on like this as I am so tired and angry all the time. I miserable :weep
missussunshine Posts: 513
Hi Baby H, i was like that earlier in my pregnancy and it doesnt take long to get totally exhausted and its not like you're not tired enough at this stage so poor you. I found that that a pillow propping me in bed really helped, at first i put it supporting my back and now i have it propping up my tummy, that was even before i had a bump. I didnt realise that id just been uncomfortable cos i would be used to sleeping on my belly. Anyway, hope that helps. :wv
gopro Posts: 1801
would I try pregnancy yoga? I'm goin to one in Lucan n find it treat. mumsandbabies.ie also the gentle birthing CDs I have found great for fallin asleep too
ohsotired Posts: 7071
I'm doing the same yoga but in Clondalkin :o0
[quote="ohsotired":3dzm99mj]I'm doing the same yoga but in Clondalkin :o0[/quote:3dzm99mj] that's mad I was goin to do that one but ended up on the Tuesday class! both are close enough to me, I'll prob do the baby classes on Fridays web baby arrives
[quote="yonex":1t6xs0ir][quote="ohsotired":1t6xs0ir]I'm doing the same yoga but in Clondalkin :o0[/quote:1t6xs0ir] that's mad I was goin to do that one but ended up on the Tuesday class! both are close enough to me, I'll prob do the baby classes on Fridays web baby arrives[/quote:1t6xs0ir] Hi Girls, Thanks very much for all your replies. I live in Lucan. Can I do pregnancy yoga at only 9 weeks or do I have to wait till I am further to 12? Does it really help with sleep?? I might give some cd's a try too.
I think they advise to be past the 1 st trimester. email brenda she is lovely she was a midwife so can advise u best the CDs def put me asleep my mam asked me what were they like n I cudnt tell her cos I keep fallin asleep
ohsotired Posts: 7071
All going well I'll be doing the classes when babs arrives too!! Last nights class wasn't on so she's doing a class in the Louis Fitz hotel tomorrow night so I'm going to go to that!!
cool thanks for that I might actually go tomor instead of tonight.
What cd's do you suggest girls? Is it a hypnobirthing one? I can download something from Itunes if you can recommend something? :o)ll :o)ll