insomnia

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

meeeeeow Posts: 1349
Deep in the bosom of the gentle night Is when I search for the light Pick up my pen and start to write I struggle, fight dark forces In the clear moon light Without fear... insomnia I can't get no sleep I used to worry, thought I was goin' mad in a hurry Gettin' stress, makin' excess meth in darkness No electricity, something's all over me, greasy Insomnia please release me and let me dream of Makin' mad love to my girl on the heath Tearin' off tights with my teeth But there's no release, no peace I toss and turn without cease Like a curse, open my eyes and rise like yeast At least a couple of weeks Since I last slept, kept takin' sleepers But now I keep myself pepped Deeper still, that night I write by candle light I find insight, fundamental movement, uh So when it's back this insomniac take an original tack Keep the beast in my nature under ceaseless attack I gets no sleep I can't get no sleep I can't get no sleep I can't get no sleep I need to sleep, although I get no sleep I need to sleep, although I get no sleep :o( :o( :o(
Last night I went to bed at 12, didn't sleep a wink so got up at 3 and went downstairs, tried reading, then put on tv. Watched 4 episodes of er and finally fell asleep just before 6 (missed the last few minutes of the last episode). I was all geared up for a good night's sleep tonight but it just hasn't come :o(
Anybody out there??? :o( :o(
bellabella Posts: 2750
Hi i'm here.I cannot sleep either. are you ok?
Hi BB I'm ok, got a few things on my mind at the moment and they're messing with my sleep. GRRR What has you up at this hour? x
Oh i don't know.like yourself i suppose a few things on my mind. I can't believe it's 4.15 and will have to be up at 7. Why don't you put some nice musicon your walkman(i am so old fashioned) and concentrate on your breathing and try to clear your mind.Turning on the computer makes it worse.
:eek Tell me you're not in Ireland?? It's "only" 3.20 according to my pc! I can't listen to music at night anymore... used to do this but then started playing the songs over and over in my mind (reciting the words etc) and it kept me awake! One thing that usually works for me is a visualisation technique I picked up somewhere along the way, whereby you start at your toes and spend a minute or so imagining all the muscles tendons etc relaxing, then moving onto your feet, ankles, lower legs all the way up your body. It too used to work but the last while it hasn't. I go through cycles of insomnia, had a really bad dose in late November which knocked me for six. I think this one might have something to do with the fact that I handed in my resignation to work on Monday (well, I told them I wasn't coming back - written off work at the moment) so trying to find another job!
Sorry, yes i'm in Italy, Wow that's a big move and so exciting. Try and look at it as a positive change and don't worry you will get another job.The world is your oyster now. Are you feeling better? Maybe you should take some vitamins to build yourself back up. :xxx
I am off to bed. take care and best of luck with the job hunting. night xxxxxxxxx
That's the thing! I do see it a very positive step, but I think subconciously I am very anxious about it. I can feel my muscles tense up every now and then (This probably will sound strange but I carry my emotions around my body, if I'm upset/angry I shiver and shake, if I'm worried/anxious my stomach will tense). I've also a lot of sh*t going on with a few "friends" at the moment, so all this coupled with my inability not to over think a situation leads to me running scenarios/past events through my mind at night... not good. I've tried using a notebook to write down all my thoughts/worries before I've gone to bed and althought it helped a little it didn't stop it completely. So what part of Italy are you in?