Inspiration needed please help!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsGG2010 Posts: 494
Hey wollies, I am havin bit of prob i know it may only seem like small prob, i dont seem to have theme to the wedding that i can name tables after. im jus lost now and coukld really do with some inspiration from ye fellow wollies. One of my friends said my dress was romantic & elegant and that my theme should follow that . I have with the invitations and im having candles and fairylight backdrop for reception, Can anyone think of any table names that would follow this theme. Or any other things i can add to this romantic & elegant theme Please any suggestions appreciated. Thanks for reading this :-8
vidia Posts: 2960
[quote="greciangoddess2010":pa3pjyqk] One of my friends said my dress was romantic & elegant and that my theme should follow that . I have with the invitations and im having candles and fairylight backdrop for reception[/quote:pa3pjyqk] I dont necessarily agree with the above, you can have whatever theme ye like, I did a quick google and this is what came up.. Colours - colours connected with your theme - so if your colour is blue, tables could be sky, midnight, royal etc. Places - places you've been together. Hobbies - words connected with a particular passion one or both of you have - eg if you are golf fanatics then you could have tee, 19th hole, fairway, green etc. Songs - names of songs by artists you both like. Honeymoon - Going on an interesting/exotic honeymoon? Use names from that - for a safari you could use names of animals, for a beach holiday you could have palm tree, white sand, coral etc. Venue - take inspiration from your venue. If it's castle you could have spires, moat, princess etc. "I Love You" - "I love you" in different languages. :heartbeat: Season - table names could fit with the season - a winter wedding's tables could be called icicle, snowflake, blizzard etc. Location - think of names relevant to your location - if you're getting married in a town or country with an interesting history then pick out some of those people/events. Where you met - make a reference to where you met. If you met at university you could have landmarks from that town or a list of colleges/halls/bars. Heritage - use your heritage/ancestors. If you have a Scottish connection then use all things Scottish - tartan, whisky, kilt, loch etc. If you do like the romatic theme, ye could pick favourite movies etc. Hope this helps!! Were gonna go with bands I think..
Sorry wollybride i should have said that friend said cos of my dress that could be the theme, thank u so much for the reply and the ideas i was jus hoping somebody might help me & give me inspiration. :wv Keep them coming xxxx
MayBee Posts: 346
is it just me. am i boring, probably, but i'm just going to go with old fashioned numbers O:o)
Peety Posts: 1588
No you're not the only one ditzy bride! I'd say we'll be doing the same.
Peety Posts: 1588
greciangoddess2010 here are a few links that may be of use though: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=240806&hilit=table+names viewtopic.php?f=30&t=210181&p=2556278&hilit=+table+names#p2556278 viewtopic.php?f=13&t=232159&p=2489279&hilit=+table+names#p2489279
dresstoimpress Posts: 1719
For a romantic theme how about naming tables after romantic heroine from your favourite books and films eg. The allie hamilton table ( the notebook) The cathy Earnshaw table (wuthering heights) The Jane Nicolas table (27 dresses) Could let people guess what book/film your characters are from giving some clues on each table, great conversation starter on a table where people might not know each other very well. :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie:
Thumper2010 Posts: 579
We were going to go with numbers, but have since decided upon film names. For example: Goodfellas The usual suspects Some like it hot Circle of friends The Godfather Ones I love and I'm not sure if I'd dare use include "Jurassic Park" for the aunties and uncles, and "the Good the bad and the ugly" for a table with anyone I mightn't particularly like but have to invite! :o0 Top table could then be "Father of the Bride" or "It's a wonderful Life" I think it'll be fun.
MJR Posts: 387
There is a whole thread on WOL with great ideas if you search forums and table names I think love in different language is really sweet, not to fussy just nice elegant and romantic Another one I saw if your looking for something fun was to name the tables after sweets/chocolate u both like and have some of the sweets in nice little bowls on the tables, I think it would only work with sweets because if you start doing bars then you have all the wrappers to worry about... Then for something simple elegant roman numerals!! Someone on the thread mentioned about naming them after foreign holidays u had been on and maybe putting a picture of you on the table in the location but I think that could be taken up as being a little pretentious??? Anyway I think its a lovely idea and think I will either do roman numerals or love in different languages http://www.freetranslation.com/
Girls thank you for all yer replies and brilliant ideasand taking time out to search and help me, ye have really given me inspiration i love dem all jus have to decide on one. dresstoimpress thats one i have never seen before thats brill & they are all my fav films, with the new forum cant find anything so ye dont know how much ye have helped me, i kno its only teeny teeny part of wedding but it was getting me bogged down i have all big things done this little thing was wrecking my head. Thank ye all again :wv