Intent to marry appointment

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Anahita Posts: 1161
Hi, Ok so I've got the date for our intent to marry meeting and was reading through what to bring. One of the things is your original birth cert, mine is a re-issued one from about ten years ago, is that ok?
happyfamily Posts: 3323
Ya thats find. By original they just mean-not a photocopy. And i think you need the long version of the birth cert not the short one :wv
Great, thanks happyfamily. I justed checked and its the lobg version I have so thats grand. One other Q someone might know the answer to, what order do I do the following in. Intent to marry, pre-marriage course, meeting with the priest. Is it how I have listed them there? I'm sure the parish secretary told me ages ago I need to have completed a pre-marriage course we meet him as opposed to after.
happyfamily Posts: 3323
Yup that order sounds fine. I'm doing the pre-marriage course before the intent to marry but only because thats how the available appointmnets fell
Cool, thanks
candypants Posts: 8575
Skinymini, when you rang to book your apt, did they send you the email with everything you needed on it? Im still waiting on mine, maybe a month later, would be great if you had a copy you could forward to me.....? :-8
JustBecause Posts: 3242
[quote="Skinnymini":ecw37qrp]Great, thanks happyfamily. I justed checked and its the lobg version I have so thats grand. One other Q someone might know the answer to, what order do I do the following in. Intent to marry, pre-marriage course, meeting with the priest. Is it how I have listed them there? I'm sure the parish secretary told me ages ago I need to have completed a pre-marriage course we meet him as opposed to after.[/quote:ecw37qrp] It doesn't really matter if you do the civil or religious bits first but you need to have your meeting with the registrar at least 3 months before. You can only get your birth& confirmation certs for your pre-nuptial enquiry 6 months before your wedding and you need your pre-marriage course certificate before your pre-nuptial enquiry. So Register intent to marry a tleast 3 months before wedding. Do Pre-marriage course before pre-nuptial enquiry with priest which must be within 6 months before the wedding.
MrsAC Posts: 1190
Do you need to do your intent to marry 1st before you meet the priest ??? gettn married in nov and rang priest today he said to see him in june but before hand to do my marraige course 1st and the M.R.F ( this is were i started to get confused) went on to mention make sure i get my batism cert and confirmation cert and that but now you guys are saying dn't get this to 6 mths before hand can somebody help me please ???? :eek :eek :eek
JustBecause Posts: 3242
Fomodride don't stress. If your priest knows when you are getting married and has asked for those forms more than 6 months before the wedding then just go with what he says. Maybe give him a call and make sure he is aware of your wedding date. Is june not 6 months before your wedding? Make your appointment in late June and it will be fine. It is easy to get the certs, they can do them up on the spot at the parish office. The civil and religious bits are completely seperate except that the Registrar will notify the church that you are getting married. So you can take your time and do the 2 parts at your own time. You do not need to do the civil or religious bit first.
MrsAC Posts: 1190
Thanks JustBecause Finding this part all so confusing but i'm sure i'll get ther wit the help of ye lot O:o)