interest free credit card?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

dion Posts: 986
hi guys just wondering if anybody knows a good finance company i can switch my credit card balance to without rates being to high. i owe quite a bit on my current card, iv just had the nerve to cancel it, but really need to do a balance transfer, so i will be interest free for minimum 6 months, im reading so much negative response about certain companies & how high the rates go after 6 months. so any feedback is much apprecited. di
w.w.wonder Posts: 297
don't forget you will have to pay the government charge for your new card as well as your old one even if you cancel it you're still charged for the whole year
workingmom Posts: 3429
Hi Dion, it depends what you consider "good". First of all, as for the gov duty, you get a letter from your old company to state that you have already paid the duty and you shouldn't have to pay it again. As for the options, well, MBNA offer 10 months interest free on balance transfers but not purchases. I think BOI offer 6 months interest free and purchase free on a 2 in 1 card. Permanenttsb has a 0% on balance transfers for 6 months.... Personally, I am with BOI and I have to say, I find them very very helpful, but as I also want a 0% interest option, I have to move from them to get it with another provider. BOI is the only one I can find offering 0% on balances and purchases, that makes a huge difference. Good luck with your decision.