Interior Design???Anyone, heres a task!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Judy Posts: 612
Hi fellow wollies happy xmas & new year to ye all, was wondering if youse could give me a few ideas of websites or opinions on were to start decorating a house. This I know should be in house & home but I knew it would get a bit more coverage in here so pretty please help cause hubby has been giving me stick bout not having a lot done or what I want, ya see our deal was he built it I decorate it. So far I have 2 childrens rooms done, 2 guest bedrooms done, kitchen picked but havnt a clue what colour to put with it as its half walnut half cream. I also need to find a place that sells decorative wall papers. Oh please girls help have always found this site so helpful I no yis will pull through for me!!!
*bubblez* Posts: 1599
I have a walnut and cream kitchen too and for a long time we had all of the walls cream because it looks so lovely with it. We recently painted an accent wall a gorgeous really warm orange colour, its tibetian sunset as far as I remember, the other walls are a nice warm yellow but I can't remember the shade. B&Q and homebase do lovely design wallpaperm black and white with either purple of lime green are very now but neither would be to my taste
april09bride Posts: 256
Hi Judy I have a walnut and cream kitchen too, i have the walls painted in a cream with a slight yellow tint. Its really lovely and bright. I have pictures on the walls in walnut frames so the walls don't look to bare though. Laura Ashley are good for decorative wallpaper. Another great brand is Harlequin. A bit expensive but really nice and most of the range come with matching fabrics. You can see some of their designs on this site http://www.sandersonfabrics.co.uk/acata ... dence.html Hickeys home focus have samples books which you can order from. Not sure where your based but Window fashions in Terenure also carry the harlequin range both papers and fabrics. Good luck with your decorating :wv
Daisy Doo Posts: 1091
Our kitchen is oak but we also have an accent wall painted a terracota colour and it looks really warm in the kitchen.You could have a look through different catalogues etc to get ideas. My advice is really think before you buy. I rushed into some purchases and regret them now. We bought a cream coloured floor tile for kitchen as we wanted it to be bright and airy.. We then got a dog O:| The finish on the tiles and the dog after his walkies don't go well together! Best of luck, it's great fun!
Judy Posts: 612
Thanks girls the tips are great and im loving that website april not too expensive yet quality very good!!!
Playful Posts: 638
i love the Modo range from Dulex the creme brulee would be really nice with a cream kitchen