internals - do they work

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mammy2b Posts: 23
:wv to all mammies and mammies2b, am due to have an internal on the 18th (so not looking forward to that) :o( to try and encourage the little one to come out, doc said at last appointment he didnt think id last until the next appointment but so far im still here. apart from lower back ache and period style aches and pains there is nothing stirring. was just wondering what the chances of the internal working are. do they work most of the times?
Mrs.slightly bonkers Posts: 3289
lower back ache and period style aches and pains would say slow labour me.I have four kids :ooh ,And an internal could posssibly bring it on for you. :wv
chilledout Posts: 834
I was told the internals, or sweeps induce labour in 15% of women! It certainly didn't work for me! I had three, and DS was born two weeks late. Its worth getting it done though as it might work and it doesn't do any harm. Its a bit uncomfortable alright but its over in minutes.
charli Posts: 5994
yeah it cant do any harm....... i had one and it didnt bring on labour but its really not that bad
breeze Posts: 1175
I had one on DS1 on the friday and had him on the monday moring, not pleasent, but it did work
MrsNoc05 Posts: 1823
I had one on my week overdue date with DD and it didnt work but I didnt honestly feel it, I think it was because I didnt know my consultant would be doing it so therefore it didnt hurt as I wasnt all tensed up and worried about it, he kinda sprung it on me !
Mammy2b Posts: 23
thanks girlies for all your replies, fingers crossed it will work although i dont think its sounds to hopeful. think im more embaressed than anything about getting it done :-8 :-8 oh what will i be like when im in labour :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0