Interview

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

happilyeverafter Posts: 299
Hi girls, I have a second interview today (had first interview on thurs morning last week) Think today we are more or less going to be discussing money. I am working with an Auctioneer and have my position on my cv as Sales Administrator. I have already told them at my last interview how much i am on a week i also told them i get a percentage of all sales at the end of every month. I told them it was like commission/bonus. This is not true. I had to lie a wee bit to see if they can offer me a decent wage. However, i was just wondering - if they ask for an estimate to how much i get a month what should i say. I already said it would depend on sales/valuations etc carried out and if it was a busy month or not. Would any of ye be PLEASE able to advise me what to say. I was thinking of saying i get 1% of the sale fee- which would say if we sold a house for 400g - my boss would get say (roughly) 5g and i would therefore get 500e??? How does this sound???? Before any of ye say dont lie as i will get caught out, i really need to as the job im applying for is less hours and i really cant afford to drop much money so wont be in a position to take it unless its near enough to what im on now. PLEASE ANY ADVISE IS WELCOME.
Jean1 Posts: 145
I have to say 1% of the sale fee sounds quite a lot to me esp if your not doing the viewings or the actual "selling". would u think of dropping it the .5?? Dont know just my tuppence worth!
Jean, Thanks for replying, i was thinking that as well myself. Maybe i will say .5% instead so it would be more believable. I have friends who have position of Sales Administrators and they do get envelopes with about 800e in them at the end of the months so i know its not heard of.
Jean1 Posts: 145
Well my boss is a stingy F**ker so maybe thats why I thought it was a bit much.... Best of luck. Wish I nearly had a new job :(
TokenMale Posts: 6845
[quote="happilyeverafter":35jrfxtm] I was thinking of saying i get 1% of the sale fee- which would say if we sold a house for 400g - my boss would get say (roughly) 5g and i would therefore get 500e??? How does this sound???? [/quote:35jrfxtm] Careful here. If you *are* going to lie, you need to make sure it's rock solid. You don't want to get caught out by the numbers. What you've just suggested above (€500 for you from €5,000 professional fees) is 10%, not 1%. I'm not an auctioneer, but I'm pretty sure 10% would be unheard of!!
TokenMale, God i am sooooooooo stupid. I was working it out at 10% not 1%. Crap now i dont know what percentage i should say. Could i get away with saying its up to my boss every month to see how sales/valuations went and he decides how much to give me???? How would that sound???
You could just say it's a discretionary bonus based on your own performance and on the firm's performance, and that it averages out to be X% of salary over the year. Let X be whatever increase in salary you're looking for.
TokenMale, I have pm'ed you. xx
Response sent. Best of luck one way or t'other!
Thank tokenmale, you have another pm- sory i have you plagued. You'l be sorry now that you were so nice to me!!! :o0 :o0