Interview tips!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
I have an interview on monday. It is for a job that i have never really worked in before. Can anyone give me any tips please?
vitamin1 Posts: 565
whats the job?
Well it is advertised as a nursing role {which I am} but I think it will be more like stock taking etc. It is not in a hospital, which is where I would be used to.
secret2012 Posts: 1134
If you check irishjobs.ie or recruitireland.com there should be lots of interview tips. They have lots of questions which you could practice the answers too although it is good to not look too rehearsed. Best of luck!
Thanks
vonanto Posts: 395
Be as natural and honest as you can be, be well presented and dont fidget (I do this) research the company and be able to tell them you weak and strong points - nothing worse than someone who claims to have no weaknesses!!! Good Luck and hth O-O
sona sasta Posts: 585
Be confident and positive. Dont mention anything negative about yourself unless the interviewer does and if he does, say something positive to outweigh it e.g your weaknesses, you can mention the weakness but explain what you are doing to try and overcome it! Also you could think of a weakness that wouldnt affect the job you're going for and a strength that would help the job you're going for!>:o) Good luck! :wv
Thanks everyone. It was a pleasant interview, but not sure I will get it due to lack of experience...although they didn't make me feel that way. At least it went ok. Out of my hands now. Thanks for the tips.