Invitations

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lilly75 Posts: 142
When should i order my invites if im getting married the Aug wk'end?
Babylou Posts: 724
I think you need to send them bout 8 weeks before and you'll need time to write them and address envelopes
Insert-Name-Here Posts: 762
Anytime between now and May I’d say, depends also on how long they take to be done as well
congratulations Posts: 102
My advice is to order your invitations & stationery when the guest list is finalised, certainly no later than approx. 3 months prior to the wedding, its not something you need to have hanging over you if you can avoid it.
littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
We are in the middle of it at the moment. We are waiting for the first draft and then hopefully we can give our full order. A friend is making them. Our wedding is in mid August. Alot of guests are from the Uk and even though they know about the wedding, we are sending out their invites the start of May and having the rsvp in mid July. Maybe even the first week into July, to be sure, in case I have to spend time chasing answers. Then the evening ones are going out then and the rsvp is about 10 days before the wedding, as it is really for our own information and we don't have many afters anyway.
lilly75 Posts: 142
Thanks everyone, Ill order them next week to be on the safe side
tilsun Posts: 4506
I've just finished mine and it actually took me longer than expected as I was missing addresses or had to check about partners etc. Give yourself extra time, no harm if they're sitting in a box stamped addressed and ready to go!