Menu

Invitations

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

madmam Posts: 1294
Hi, I was wondering if any of you can help. I am thinking of how to word our invitations, as my fiance's parents are both dead, and my father is dead. So we only have one parent! How do you word your invites?
baby2010 Posts: 908
Hi, I got an invite recently that was "bride and groom" invite you to celebrate...... another option would be to write "bride and groom, along with their families" invite you to celebrate..... I do think that it would be totoally acceptable to write "Mrs Bride's mother" invites you to celebrate the marriage of her daughter to...., I have seen it once on an invite and it didn't stand out as being anything out of the ordinary. Best of lcuk with what you choose anyway! B.
ectrinity Posts: 61
hi weekell75, I'm in a similar situation to you insofar as my father has passed away and my h2b's mother is also no longer with us. I had been thinking about the invites and think that it is perfectly acceptable to say Mrs X invites your to celebrate...... or even Bride and groom invite you to celebrate.... We will probably go with the first option as my mother has offered to pay for the reception. good luck with it. EC :)
AprBride Posts: 386
My mum is dead and my dad's also paying for our reception so our invitations are coming from my dad Mr X Xxxxx invites you to celebrate the marriage of his daughter I suppose it come down to who you want the invites coming from are you going with tradition in which case the invites would come from your mum or are you and h2b footing the bill in which care I would say weekell75 and Mr weekell75 invite you to celebrate their marriage Good luck with the decision and try not to get too stressed out about it whatever you decide the invitees will just be delighed to receive an invitation to your wedding. :D
madmam Posts: 1294
Thanks guys for all your help and ideas!! :D