Invitations

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Little Liv Posts: 92
My invitations came today...WOHOO!!! I'm so excited and I just can't hide wo oh oh, I'm about to lose control...!!! I'm delighted with them and really excited cos its the first thing that I bought for d day that I actually have in my hand!!!! :o)ll
notlongnow Posts: 474
so exciting!!!! not long to go for you now until u start writing them up and stuff AAHHHH!!!! enjoy!
charli Posts: 5994
ooohh, getting close now! mine are due soon - where you get them?
Thanks notlongnow - my aunt is going to write the names in calligraphy for us so I have to buy her art supplies and pay her a visit - its time consuming so she has the whole summer to do them. Can't wait til I can finally write - 'I have posted all my invites'. Your nearly there now, you must be waiting for your RSVP's - good luck with that -I'd say thats when all the fun starts!!! :lol:
Hey Charli, I actually ordered them in easons, who got them from Lantz Stationery in Dublin - it only took one week and it didn't break the bank - although we did go for fairly simple ones, just a white card with a silver bride and groom like - you know those white ornaments of couples(you get them in argos) and they are just wrapped in each other and there lower bodies are kinda wrapped around each other (not in a sick way!!! :roll: ) and you can make out the rest of the body then! I just made it sound sooo complicated - but they are simple - I swear!!
they sound lovely, the simpler the better for me - love the Calligraphy too btw, saw a free set of the "tools" needed with a Calligraphy magazine in Easons but they are probably gone now, they was a few different pens and ink - maybe have a look, certainly the mag will be cheaper than buying the stuff!
Thanks charli, but apparently she is an old pro at it and can do it free hand she just needs a nice silver pen!!!
ok, fair play!
notlongnow Posts: 474
yeah- mine are all out- made the rooky mistake of putting an actual rsvp date on them though. wouldnt recommend it- as it puts u under pressure to have them all out before then. our rsvp date was waaaay too early as i didnt have a clue what i was doing!!!! :oops:
Oh well it something you can laugh about when you look back on it all. I have my R.S.V.P. date 3 wks before the wedding - I should manage to get them done by September!!!!