Menu

Invitations

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

nini2612 Posts: 5
Hi, I am just wondering when you are sending your invites are you hand writing them and the envelopes or are you having them done professionally? My fiance wants me to just hand write them all but I want them done professionally so they will look better. I don't know what the norm is so any ideas will be much appreciated! Thanks,
craftyPB Posts: 2625
H2B has fabulous handwriting, I imagine he will write them all for me.... We have yet to receive a professional done invite and we've been to so many weddings! I just don't think people bother with them any more.... We've received hand written and also typed ones....
bee0606 Posts: 691
Any invite I've gotten has been handwritten and I'll be writing mine. Unless you have shocking hand writing I would think it's an unnecessary expense.
LadyLizzie Posts: 1724
We paid a bit extra to have our invitations printed with guest names, and the envelopes addressed. They looked great & people noticed, we got some lovely feedback. My handwriting isn't too bad but I just wanted to get the names & addresses printed up, it looks neater & it's done faster! Well worth the extra couple of quid.
missbridie2b Posts: 183
I hand wrote the invites and they printed the labels myself in a nice font. Took awhile to do but they looked really well.