Invitations - would love recommendations please

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Happy Hayley Posts: 66
Hi, I know this has probably been done to death but I am struggling to find reasonably-priced invitations. I know I wouldn't be good at DIY-ing, plus it would stress me out, so looking for some fairly traditional (you know nice cream card, ribbon or some other detail) invitations and mass booklets that don't cost an arm and a leg. I know vista print is an option but does anyone have any recommendations for other suppliers? Also I saw that Papier Press offer printable templates - has anyone used these? By the time you print the invitations etc does it work out cheaper than just getting the whole lot done? Thanks! :)
Squidgem Posts: 139
Hi Hayley! If you're looking for ready-made invites, diywedding.ie have some reasonably priced ones. They send you the set and templates and you just print off the inside page. I'm not the most creative of people either, but I think if you look around you'll find the materials for a simple invite much cheaper yourself. I'm going to make mine and I've come across some great stuff on ebay (e.g. €13 for 100 ivory cards and envelopes, €5 for inserts) and then just put a simple ribbon around it... BrideDeForce (http://www.youtube.com/user/BrideDeForce) is really good for showing you how to assemble simple invites (and other DIY fun if you're up to it!). I know there are some GORGEOUS invites out there, but I just can't justify the €300+ some people quote for something you could make yourself... IMO anyway! :compress Hope you find what you're lookgin for! :wv
Stephs Personalised Cards Posts: 28
Hi Hayley, I make wedding invitations, If you want you can pm me or email me at [email protected] with what you are looking for and what your budget is and I can try help you out. Even point you in the right direction , I know it can be frustrating trying to budget for everything and invitations are the first impression of your big day. Hope I can help
joybride Posts: 50
I would really recommend happyeverafter they are a supplier on here. Karen was fantastic to deal with, easy going and no fuss! It depends on your budget but she has simple ones, mine was a simpler version pearlescent card with lace and ribbon on top, sounds like something you have in mind! I priced invitations to death and found these the absolute best value for quality and they invitation includes an addressed RSVP! We collected ours before Christmas and they are even better when they have ur names etc on there! Good luck!
StarLilly Posts: 684
We're using congratulations.ie We saw them at the rds wedding fair last year and they were really friendly. They have loads of choice. I don't know if this is cheap to you, they average €4 an invitation, but most others we looked at were €6 each and wasn't as much choice or variety with colours etc HTH :wv
Carriedaway Posts: 1863
hi i got mine from this website, they turned out fab and very reasonably priced! http://www.noahsnuptials.com/
grock Posts: 56
I used bride and groom direct and found them great. I'm like you and not mad on DIY'ing so they were the easiest and cheapest i could find
Happy Hayley Posts: 66
Thanks a mill everyone for the suggestions, will check all of those out.
craigsmrs Posts: 341
Hiya, we got ours from http://eleganceweddingstationery.ie/ , Elegance by dataprint. The one we got was The gilded Peacock collection, It had reply card & directions/info card. It was beautiful. We got so so many compliments on it. They printed the guests names on them for us too , Honestly, they were gorgeous, even if I do say so myself. The prices are very reasonable, They were the cheapest & best quality we seen anywhere.
sparklingsmile Posts: 243
We're getting ours from imagination attic - the sample she made us was really gorgeous! I cant wait to pick up the rest! The quality is unreal and she's extremely well priced. She's based in clonakilty so that might be a stretch depending on where you live? Would highly recommend her though :wv