Invite Question ...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jellywellies Posts: 2268
So, was just wondering - do you send an invite to your BMs and Bestman etc... for instance do we send an invite to our bestmans wife and not him?? Hope that makes sense!! lol
JustBecause Posts: 3242
Hiya JellyWelly I think you write it as you would to anyone else. When FH was Bestman last year we got a joint invite and when I was Bridesmaid we got a joint one too. There's been a few posts about giving invites to siblings and parents etc. I'm going to give them to everyone. I always save weddign invitations and want to give others the chance to save them too.
awww thanks JB - didn't have a clue!!! hehe
JustBecause Posts: 3242
You are welcome Jelly :wv Delighted to be one step head of you on something for once>:o)
oh hahaha!!! lol :o0
hairdye Posts: 1129
[quote="jellywelly":2xnb0xex]So, was just wondering - do you send an invite to your BMs and Bestman etc... for instance do we send an invite to our bestmans wife and not him?? Hope that makes sense!! lol[/quote:2xnb0xex] Yes, send an invite, its a nice touch. I did and the girls really appreciated them. I didnt bother putting in RSVP cards, I wrote a note inside the invite saying I just wanted to "officially" invite them, and there was no need to RSVP. Maybe write these invites last, just in case you run out of invites. Oh and send an invite to the bestman and his wife
cheers!!!! Now the next question for save the dates ... do you include a note in with it? We've done wallet sized fridge magnets?!?!
wollysocks Posts: 1773
yes do!...my OH was best man at a wedding where we were not sent an invite..being a man :o0 the wedding details were not of great interest of him...so 2 days before the wedding we didn't know what time or church the wedding was in!...then after a phone call- we got the area where the wedding was in...which had 3 churches!...so a lengthly taxi journey on the day til we found the right church! had we got an invite the name of the church would have been on it... I also felt a bit miffed that we hadn't got an invite to be honest- I don't keep them at all but I like to get the official invite...