Invites for overseas, when?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

stephyb Posts: 1439
i have half my guests coming in from england, flights are bookable now. Whats a good time to send the invites? 4 months before the wedding? (h2b is dying to send them now but it's still 7 months yet lol)
pink haze Posts: 26
Not really sure, but i would say around maybe at least 4 months beforehand.
claire sheerin Posts: 295
The done thing for sending invites in Ireland is 6 weeks, usually 8/10 weeks for oversees. If you have phone nos for some of them, you could maybe give them a quick ring or text. I'm always afraid 4 months before, people will put them away and forget about it. Whatever you feel comfortable with. If you feel like sending them at 4 months, send them. Hope this helps. Claire Sheerin
Insert-Name-Here Posts: 762
I think 4 months is a bit early TBH, maybe send a wee text and let them know that they are invited but two weeks before the Ireland invites is plenty. And h2b wants to send them now???? He must be an ubber organized groom :o0
moobear Posts: 1126
I have emailed all my overseas guests to let them know about our wedding from the time we got engaged. As I am getting married just before Christmas, I am going to send our overseas invited 6 months in advance. This time of year is expensive for flights & I want to ensure that people that are wanting to travel will get the best deal on the flights
littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
We have loads from the Uk as well. Wedding is in August and we were going to send them in May and rsvp in July. For the Irish ones, we were going to send them the start of June. Our rsvp date for our invites is a month before the wedding. Is that enough time? Have to do table plan and then time to probably chase up more answers.
deda Posts: 1220
I'm going to send abroad at the end of March and then send the actually invites mid april, I'm getting married on a Thursday so what to give people time to book days off.
joker Posts: 2789
my cousin is gettin married in italy in may and no invites have come out yet and its annoyed alot of my family, they got save the date cards at xmas and that was it... I thought she would have had them out b4 now so people could start looking for flights and accomodation... if people have to travel I'd give them as much notice as possible so they can make work/travel/accomodation arrangements...I'll have alot of folk coming to mine from abroad so at xmas i'll send them a save the date magnet and attach a wee note with details of wedding so they can prepare in advance... :lvs
Twirler Posts: 1644
I emailed any of my guests from abroad about 9 months before the wedding to let them know the date and hotel details and just told them invitations would follow shortly before the wedding. Sent them out about 2 and a half months before the wedding, about 2 weeks before the Irish ones.
shersmay10 Posts: 319
my friend is getting married in Lanzarote at the end of september and she sent her invites out about 2/3 weeks ago so that people can have as much notice as possible especially with the way things are going, and most people will have to take a few days off so she doesn't want to invite people close to the wedding and then they have all their holidays used up already O:|