Invites to immediate family?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsBig10 Posts: 2074
Invitations = Check Guest list = Check Just got a technical question...as my parents names are on the invite, do we have to send an invite to the Grooms parents, sibling & their husbands? Over to you WOLs ;o)
Rogue User Posts: 6101
I didn't - I kinds presumed they knew they were coming! :o0
[quote="BrideOfRecession":2bnrq9if]I didn't - I kinds presumed they knew they were coming! :o0[/quote:2bnrq9if] Yeah I'd be thinking that myself :o0 but H2b thinks that they'll want one
Rogue User Posts: 6101
[quote="MrsBig10":mgqut3dj][quote="BrideOfRecession":mgqut3dj]I didn't - I kinds presumed they knew they were coming! :o0[/quote:mgqut3dj] Yeah I'd be thinking that myself :o0 but H2b thinks that they'll want one[/quote:mgqut3dj] Well, I guess he knows his parents better than you? Maybe just give them one so they can have a nose. They probably just wanna see them - sure doesn't everyone get a nosey about weddings? You don't need to do the whole mailing thing, just tell your h2b to give it to them when yis are over visiting or whatever.
yep I think he probably does alright...Thanks BOR
Blossom Cherry Posts: 2701
We are sending everyone - including immediate family/bridal party an invitation. I have been a BM and H2B has been a best man at weddings in the past and we received an formal invitation - it's nice to get them TBH. Why would you not send them an invitation?
happycamper2 Posts: 452
Im not sending them to immediate family or wedding party, but i will keep one for H2Bs parents and one for mine as a keep sake. it is working out at E5 an invitation, directions etc and i know that his brothers would have no interest in it. But if your H2B thinks it would be worth it, in the end it doesnt matter how much it costs!!!
Jacqueline Hyde Posts: 1145
We sent them to everyone. I knew my mam would want to keep it. And have it to show people etc etc.
Boo2012 Posts: 315
[quote="Girl Meets Pearl":24lpenl6]We are sending everyone - including immediate family/bridal party an invitation. I have been a BM and H2B has been a best man at weddings in the past and we received an formal invitation - it's nice to get them TBH. Why would you not send them an invitation?[/quote:24lpenl6] +1 we will be sending them to everyone as well
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
We sent them to everyone too. Immediate family/bridal party or not, they're a guest the same as anyone else. I never understand this question - why would you not send an invitation to a wedding guest? Send an invitaiton to everyone, that's my advice!