Menu

Invites to the parents???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Marymullingan Posts: 341
Hello all just sitting here with my friends and i was telling them im going to give my parents a invite and also give my other halfs parents a invite....there all laughing at me saying u dont do that?/ Can u tell me ?? Thanks
ela28 Posts: 2552
we're giving our parents an invite,a lot of people tend to do this,it's a nice keepsake for them :wv
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
its just nice from a keepsake perspective. Obviously they are invited :o0 If you want to give them one then go ahead. I'm sure that some people dont bother and some do...... its a personal choice.
chipsticks Posts: 283
I'll be giving them both an invite. Why shouldn't they get one?! :thnk
ela28 Posts: 2552
[quote="chipsticks":73tgqmj7]I'll be giving them both an invite. Why shouldn't they get one?! :thnk[/quote:73tgqmj7] exactly O-O
Gembira Posts: 847
Both sets of parents will be getting one, it's a nice keepsake of the day. As other poster why on earth shouldn't you?! That being said I've considered withholding the in-law's invite at times! :o0 In Wollie world it's totally normal! :wv xxxxx
elizajane Posts: 631
Ya - will send one as a keepsake though it will be a bit strange sending Dad one as the invite will say "Mr x "requests the pleasure of the company of ___________ to the marriage of his daughter_____________ He'll be in effect asking himself :o0 :o0 :o0
IndigoMoon Posts: 2842
I gave both sets an invite. But when I gave them to them I said it was for a keepsake
Maria1983 Posts: 390
Definitely giving our parents invitations. It's nice as a keepsake, even if they're "obviously invited".